• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone have a rabbit mascot costume?

ecudc

Warren Veteran
After "shaking" a tin outside tescos a few weeks ago with chloe dressed as a carrot & me a very unhuggable slightly scary bunny we've been pondering taking advantage of my rotund figure and getting a proper rabbit mascot costume so we can do things like collections outside supermarkets/town centres more often and so on & bump up the donations a bit. We've noticed that dressing up makes you much more attractive to donations for some reasons & people just aren't that keen if you just stand there looking "normal" I had a chat to a "friends of the animals" dog outside tesco a few weeks ago and he recomended getting a costume because of it.

We've seen some amazing ones for scary money and some not so amazing ones for still quite scary money.......has anyone bought one before & can recomend a company that wont........... fleece us?

The "in our dreams" costume

http://www.mascotcostumes.co.uk/rabbit_mascot_costume_9a.html

The "would need a stiff drink before buying costume"

http://www.mascotcostumes.co.uk/easter_bunny_mascot_costume.html

The still pretty scary money one but one days shaking would probably cover it..........
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-QUALITY-...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Last edited:
yes I also liked that one but my eyes did the roger rabbit popping out thing when I saw the price :)

I have GCSE textiles which limits me to making waistcoats and sarongs :) I do know a costumier but even she said that with fabric etc if she were to make it up by hand she'd have to charge way over £500 even at only minimum wage as it would take hours to work out the padding and cuts & you'd need about £200 of fabric & padding.

I currently look a bit of a scary bunny with a hand altered bunny mask and giant rabbit paws but it does make me look a little like something out of Scream......

Do it dressed as bunny girls!!
Either that or maybe try some hire shops...they may have an old one you could have (see if theyll donate it!)

Do it dressed as bunny girls!!
Either that or maybe try some hire shops...they may have an old one you could have (see if theyll donate it!)

that may be a good idea....the hire shop that is........bunny girls is a no no in the middle of winter and I'm not sure it would present us as the terribly serious rabbit charity that we are if we dressed up in fishnets and leotards (plus I'd scare the punters away dressed like that :) )

how about this?! :lol:

This is Amy's Elgar every Saturday night... ;)

Picture1-8.png

I currently look a bit of a scary bunny with a hand altered bunny mask and giant rabbit paws but it does make me look a little like something out of Scream......

Just looking at some of the pictures posted above, I was thinking that if you have paws & bought a head, a simple (not very realistic) furry suit wouldn't be too difficult to make* (Like http://www.joke.co.uk/showPart_large.asp?part=61479).
I don't know if you can get just the head part on it's own though.:?

*As in, with some thought I could probably do this, but you might not get a zip as I hate doing zips!

I've got some plaster wrap stuff which might make a nice base for a head, I could probably give it a go if you wanted but wouldn't be til after Christmas now (way too much to do before then)

it's not the body that is the problem as I could probably whip myself up something with my fantastic gcse textiles.....it's getting the head right. I did get one but we had to do some major alterations to it as it made me look like something out of the clock work orange....we basically had to cut the face out to make it look less hideous :)

I think we will probably buy one (NOT ELGARS :shock::shock:) and organise a days tin shaking in solihull to cover its cost. Hopefully one day we'll be able to get a slot in tescos where Friends of the Animals take £600 a day shaking a tin :shock::shock::shock:

I JUST HAD A BIG BRAIN IDEA>>>>>>>>> If we got one which could wear a t-shirt we could get a company to sponsor our suit......lots of companies have charity funds but they like to have something like a car or a rescue center to put their name on........maybe we could get them to put their name on our mascot :shock::shock:

Last edited:
The other charity I work with - Friends of Animal Welfare did a tin shake yesterday and made just over £200 :D

.... I think I mught run a mile from a giant bunny though.... i get scared by dressed upness on the high street :lol::lol::lol:

.... I do however always have a chat and give some money to the lovely man sitting at his table for Redwings Horse Sanctuary.... kinda pulls at my heart strings...

Mascot costume like this...

DSC00058.jpg

:lol:

Yes, that is me, dressed as a bunny, with a collectin tin, in TopShop. We were fundraising in the high street and saw one of my best mates go on there so I followed her in and acted naturally. Funniest thing I've ever done!!

yes I love dressing up......I've had my face painted like a tiger quite often. It does help if no one can see your face though as it is much less embarassing.

:thumb: for your mum (or who ever was shaking) Julia. Thats great.

Back