• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How / who do you report bad pet shops to?

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Someone has contacted me for advice about a petshop they visited which has many animals in appauling conditions - they would like to know who they should report them to - am I right in thinking the best people to go to are the local council and the RSPCA?

Who have people on here had the best outcomes from? Thanks

I went to a small pet shop last week and was appaled by what i found!
4 rabbit hutches OUTSIDE! 1 had 3 G.Pigs, no hay or straw! no 2 had 2 large rabbits (hutch was too small) no hay or straw and were male and female!
Hutch 3 had a rabbit on its own with no hay or staw! and hutch 4 had a small lop rabbit with a G.pig also with no hay or straw!!:evil::evil::evil:

They also had 2 chinchillas which were in a hamsters cage by the looks of things!! and they also sold kittens!!!!!!:evil::evil:

I had to walk out i was soooo angry!! i am going back to the shop next week with my mum to question they about their animals! depending on what i find out i want to report them!

I hate pet shops that sell animals:evil::evil:

The last time I spoke with the RSPCA HO about reporting a Petshop they said that they will now only send an Inspector out at the request of the Licencing Council's Environmental Health Department. I was told that the RSPCA 'do not have the resources to send out an Inspector to every complaint made by the public'.
So I'd say the Licencing Council's EH Department is the best place to start.

Thanks Jane, will pass the info on and also the link to this thread so if anyone else has some good suggestions please post. :)

Back