• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National Rabbit Week 24th -30th January 2009 - What's your event?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I have just started to organise an event here in Surrey to highlight rabbit keeping and welfare in conjunction with a local vet and The Hay Experts. We are having an exhibition at our local village hall with various stands, to include ARC rescue from Twickenham, RWF literature, our new local bunny savvy vet, Lisa from the Hay Experts selling her fab gear and promoting the 'Make Mine Chocolate' campaign, hutch manufacturers and anyone else who wants to get involved.

Date of the event is 24th January (Sat). Hoping it will be well supported as we will have collecting tins for various rabbit causes, but most of all I am hoping that we will attract local people who either already have 'a rabbit' or are thinking of getting one, so that we can offer help and advice as well as advertising the rabbits in rescues needing homes locally.

All welcome!

What are you guys doing to mark this important week?

I am ashamed to say I am unable to actively 'do' anything but just wanted to wish you well for the event you are organising :)

I am trying to organise a sponsored leg/chest wax to raise money. My brother has said he will do it if no one else does so thats one person!! :lol:

I am ashamed to say I am unable to actively 'do' anything but just wanted to wish you well for the event you are organising :)

Ah Jane, thank you! You could always come down with Janice or Donna to give advice to the unknowledgeable. You'd be such an asset.:D

Ah Jane, thank you! You could always come down with Janice or Donna to give advice to the unknowledgeable. You'd be such an asset.:D

I am not too well just now so dare not make any commitments I may not be able to keep.
I am sure that all the people involved will do a fab job at promoting Bunny Welfare :wave:

you'll need some thermals....couldn't they have made national rabbit week in the summer some time????

Hello

I would love to come and join you for your event. It would be nice to meet the RU members, especially as they have been so helpful with Eric and Ernie.
But I still have my shop and Saturdays are a big "no, no" when you think about closing for a day:evil::evil:

Please can you PM me the details and if I can somehow, find someone to mangage the shop, I will endeavour to join you.

I might ask my vets if I can do a wall display for them, they are always changing them anyway.....and I can drop some leaflets in too. :)

will you pm me and remind me closer to the time as im bound to forget but would love to come along if possible!!

will you pm me and remind me closer to the time as im bound to forget but would love to come along if possible!!

Will do Kate, I am hoping that it will be well attended locally and need bunny savvy folks to come along and chat to novices. Hopefully it will be one of many events in the future!

Time, date and place confirmed

So a date and time now confirmed so please put it in your diary if you'd like to come along and get your Hay Experts goodies without the postage!

There will be info and displays too, plus a chance to meet other bunny folks.

ARC will be represented and there will be details of bunnies in the area needing new homes from various rescues.

So for your diary

Saturday 24th January
2pm-5pm
Chertsey Road Hall
Chertsey Road
Windlesham
Surrey
GU20 6EW

Hope to see you there!

Are you going to have a stall to raise money for ARC at all? I didn't manage to make it to the fundraiser before but (providing it doesn't sneak up on me again!) I could have a go at making some tote bags etc to sell - perhaps with ARC's website on them to fit in with the raising awareness?

Back