• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ive been bertie smooshed!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
I had fallen asleep before the night news..and i was trying to stay awake..been a busy day...and suddenly i was half opening my eyes when this huge white thing ran at me flew thru the air and landed on my chest sniffing my face very loudly..i almost fell off form fright!!

it was bertie..my old duffer of a frenchie!!

he wanted a snuggle and cuddle etc and i hadnt picked him up for a cuddle like i usually do so he came to ,me after an hour or so..and demanded it!

he lay on my traped arm and had no intention of admitting it wasnt comfy:lol:

we had a lovely cuddle full of sniffy kisses and washes from him...and kisses and hugs nose n cheekl rubs from me.

id eaten pasta before i fell asleep but he didnt mind the smell..he demanded i kiss his face by swinging his cheek into my face!! this went on for ages and he did change position in order to dig real hard at me and the sofa! then he made himself more comfy and had a little doze snugled up in my arms like a teddy bear!! he purred his head off...then suddenly he was off..he needed a wee had got too hot and lay next to the run to be near the littlies.

when we first borrowed then adopted him he got a haematoma..poss from sleeping right under the radiator!! he wasnt well and insisted on getting on the sofa up on nikkis bedding and being covered over and hugged.
when he was better he got up for the odd hug. then bonding with bif..then with willow n bif..back to bif..thenw ith bif willow n bandit...then bif and bandit unbonded and bertie was left with willow as his missus. she died suddenly end of october and he got really sick grieving..he had anorexia and became anaemic etc..its been a long haul but hes better a lot better even tho bif bit his eye the other week!!
now is it just because hes had so much attention medicating cuddling to make him feel less lonely etc or is it the fact hes always been like htis but never had the chance ot show it to us as both times hes had dominant bossy possessive females?:lol:

really hes such a sweetheart but of course only when he feels like it..and if i havent enforced at kleast one cuddle session with him then he ocmes running and jumps on me:lol: but tonite he really wanted a long long cuddle with loads of hugs and kisses with his usual nose rubs cheek rubs etc.

i feel so blessed ot be loved so much...i could melt!!

btw hes back to burying the lounge in huge poops..even if he sisnt eating much still..but still eating hay.!! he knows i forgive him for any wees n poops cos when we thought we were losing him too..i told him id never get cross again..he could do it all over the floor id onl;y be too pleased to see a sea of poops again...looks like hes obliged!! and i went to sweep them up to make it more comfy for him to lay there and he chased me and dragged the broom almost out of my hands:shock::lol:

but he gave a sniffy kiss and a half binky for my trouble:love::love:

aww bertie you big soft old flump:love:

he is an odd fellow..hes only there to use us humans for cuddles when hes cold or lonely..the rest of the time hes get orff:lol:

i know bif will never ever cuddle me or anyother human...and bandits too scared too in case bif bashes him up again:oops:
willow was affectionate on her terms when she wanted to but since she grew up no more cuddles..but i still miss the nosey rubs etc on the floor. bless her.

oscar liked ot have nosey rubs for 2 hrs at a time and snuggle up to nikki as did woozle..kibbles would make a fuss of me then run off but she always used to overgroom my head and make my scalp bleed!!

berties a right softie.....he demanded a cuddle from niki today and he was there for over an hour purring away and every now and then pop his had over the arm of the setee playing peek a boo in between hugs.

oscar was a pure oscial bun..if oyu came orund my house hed come up to greet you like a dog!

i just watned to share a smooshy story..thank you.

thank you..indeed it was..but he didnt want me today..im soo last month:lol: but he had a hug for over n hour again with nikki:love:

Back