• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make a Pinata for your bun this xmas *piccies*

vicki267

Mama Doe
I couldn't afford to buy pressies this year *as if I look will spend a fortune :roll:

I decided to make some pinatas, I made some small ones the other day and tested them and the buns love them.

Just incase anyone else wants to make some here are the ingredients and the recipe :lol:

072.jpg

Here I have Oat Wheat & Barley hay, apple bits, pure dried grass, raspberry leaves, dried dandilion, ginko plus, brown paper, string and scissors (oh and an apple stick hiding)!

075.jpg

Cut the paper to a decent size and put the apple stick in the middle.

076.jpg

Add oat wheat and barley hay and ginko plus (or something similar).

078.jpg

Add some dried leaves or herbs, I also put in pure dried grass. Add these to the top of the paper as opposed to centre (makes rolling easier).

079.jpg

Sprinkle some dried fruit pieces on top (not too much)!

080.jpg

Roll the paper up, with the end of the paper facing up scrunch the paper at each end slightly, making sure you are trapping all the goodies.

081.jpg

Tie some string tightly around the scrunched parts.

082.jpg

Cut any excess string off and trim the paper back as required.

Here are the four I have made for xmas presents :D

083.jpg

As with any toys though, please supervise your pets and with these try to make sure they dont eat too much paper (if any) and the string.

Your buns will throw these things around, until they decide to chew the paper to eat all the yummy stuff inside. Once they have finished all the filling, throw away the paper and string! It wont take long to destroy, my three confirm that! :lol:

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
thats a brill idea!!! would you mind if i use the piccies abnd instruction in my magazine as i'm sure readers would love the idea?

Wow im going to make these for my buns birthday next week! How much does the paper cost for the amount you got? Thanks :D

That's why I posted it, so that other bunnies can benefit :D

The brown paper is just the stuff you wrap parcels with so you only use a tiny bit of one roll. One roll costs about £1 - £1.50.

They look great :D

I just put a load of brown paper in the recycling last week :roll: but will make some crackers if I can get hold of any more.

Back