• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dribbles

gmitbites88

Young Bun
When our 17 week old mini lop Misty gets out for her daily tear-up, as she hops/runs about, we notice that she wees little dribbles here and there, literally a few drops here and there. She is using her tray in the cage usually but we still notice the odd dribble in the cage as well. Is it usual for them to "drip" as they hop about. Last nite it was only about 2 or 3 drops but tonite there was abut 5 or 6. She is actually moving as she does this not sitting still.

No, it is not 'normal' if she is actually 'leaking' wee.
There is a difference between that and 'spot marking'

If in doubt I'd ask your Vet to check her over :)

No, it is not 'normal' if she is actually 'leaking' wee.
There is a difference between that and 'spot marking'

If in doubt I'd ask your Vet to check her over :)

I went into the vets during my break today and said about the peeing, and how her droppings are less how can i say "bundled together". Two weeks ago when we first got her she would always go in her tray and leave a little 10-15 pellet bundle, we were told by the vet to ditch the rabbit mix feed and just give her grass pellets and hay. What he neglected to tell us was to introduce the grass pellets over a week or so, not straight away! So we noticed her droppings were less frequent and bundled together and the ones she does in her cage are either dark or some with white bits in them, she is doing the softer sticky ones she can eat as normal. So anyhoo she's back on the mix from tonite with a bit more of the pellets each nite and we'll see how she goes. The vet never really gave me a reply on the peeing apart from saying it can vary in color. The girl in the pet shop who has a rabbit says hers pees as he hops around like Misty. Spot marking sounds right about what she does, it's not like all the time. she only did it twice in one hour tonite.

Back