• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting a house bun in boarding.

albo

Warren Scout
Has anyone had to put their house bun into boarding while you have been on hols?

Im going away in feb and need my bun to stay somewhere, only prob is she has free run of my kitchen, and only gets shut away at night.

I was just wondering how much exercise they would get?

i wouldn't put your house bun into an outdoor boarding place as she will not be used to the cold and her coat will not be properly developed to cope with it. You should be able to find somewhere that will take house bunnies. Or can a friend go round to the house to look after her? If your a member of the RWF, you can obtain a list of boarders from them.

Our housebun went into boarding (for the first time and I was so worried :oops:). The place we use has a 'holiday cottage' for housebuns - a heated playhouse really. In reality I think he spent more time in her house having a cuddles than he did iin the cottage!
Ring round a few and check them out. If they're good, they won't mind you going to have a look.

Our house bunnies board at The Bunnery several times a year. We have a double enclosure so that they can run full length and there's an indoor section specifically for house buns. It's not as much room as they have day-to-day at home but is perfectly adequate for short breaks.

If you say where you are in the country maybe someone will be able to make a recommendation for you. :)

Thanks for the replies.....im in Bognor regis West Sussex, if anyone does know of anywhere good for house buns id like to hear from them.

Hi ya,

Have you considered getting a pet sitting/feeding service to go round? I can't put mine into boarding as BB can't have the VHD jab. I found a lovely lady who does dog walking, bunny feeding etc and has rabbits herself. Keeps and eye on them - took one of the buns to the vets for me when I was away last. She lets them have a jog about my flat every day. Saves stressing bunny out in new place and it's good to have someone just going in and out of the flat whilst you are not there. Costs me about £7 per visit.

i must admit im worried about this aswell :( I am going to look around or my freind might be able to have ogs .
Hope you find somewhere though :wave:

I have a total nightmare with this! round here my only options were a place that charged £15 per bunny per night, and when I phoned you could hear dogs barking which would freak out my buns (seemed very professional tho) or a pet shop who would give them run of the back kitchen, but they sold animals and I was not keen on that idea.

In the end I got a sitter to come to the house, most have references and you can meet them and quiz them on their rabbit knowledge. I get her to come for an hour a day if I am not away long and my mom comes in the evenings to do a night time feed and check that the sitter is doing her job. In the hour she cleans and plays much like she would with a dog really. I met a few before finding one I liked

I too had this problem a few months ago. My Ronnie is a house bunny, and he had to go into boarding :( However, the lady was so nice! He had a massive cage, plently of room to hop around :) She also put the heating on for him for a small amount extra, £1.00 or something i think :) She even texted me to let me know he was settled and again during the week to let me know how he was :)

Im sure you'll find someone, you could always go and view these places first so you can see what sort of accommodation you'll be getting for bunny? xXx

Back