• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor or Outside for bunny

louiser

Young Bun
I getting concerned about Sally she is currently outdoors in a huge hutch stuffed full of hay with extra covers over the hutch, I think she is warm enough but looks so fed up!! I only get to see her in the morning before work and its pitch black and then again in the evening when I get home its pitch black and Im restricted to the amount of time I'm spending with her.

She has a secure run on the grass attached to her hutch, so I leave her downstair hutch door open in the morning and shut it up in the evening.

Would it be possible for her to become a house bunny in the winter and then back in her hutch in the summer months but she would then be restricted to the house during the day rather than her run!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to get her a friend but current circumstances do not allow me that at the moment.

Many thanks

Louise

I getting concerned about Sally she is currently outdoors in a huge hutch stuffed full of hay with extra covers over the hutch, I think she is warm enough but looks so fed up!! I only get to see her in the morning before work and its pitch black and then again in the evening when I get home its pitch black and Im restricted to the amount of time I'm spending with her.

She has a secure run on the grass attached to her hutch, so I leave her downstair hutch door open in the morning and shut it up in the evening.

Would it be possible for her to become a house bunny in the winter and then back in her hutch in the summer months but she would then be restricted to the house during the day rather than her run!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to get her a friend but current circumstances do not allow me that at the moment.

Many thanks

Louise

you can do but if she has athickwinter coat be wary of temperature change in the house,and dont put her back out until spring. remeber you may get accidents if she doesnt us eher litter tray nad she may bite furniture or rcarpet (just on the down side) on the plus side she would get more attention and run time and likely be happier than on her own outdoors xx

Why not get her a friend if you have the space and finances to do so then she will have someone to snuggle up with a groom and play with

you can do but if she has athickwinter coat be wary of temperature change in the house,and dont put her back out until spring. remeber you may get accidents if she doesnt us eher litter tray nad she may bite furniture or rcarpet (just on the down side) on the plus side she would get more attention and run time and likely be happier than on her own outdoors xx

Great thanks, any ideas on indoor housing, I have c&c cages for my guinea pigs would something like this be OK, obviously with an extra panel to make it higher!

P8310006.jpg

yup but i think you will need more than an extra panel to make it high enough my bunster just jumped a 3ft barrier it was mesh and he part climbed it!!!!! :) alterantivly dog crates are cheap to get hold of on ebay ..a 48inch minimum with a run attatched really or free range out of cage

ooo i would always op for bringing the bun indoors :) then she wont be lonely and will be so snug and warm hehe :) that pen looks great! but yes higher walls are needed lol. especially if she is not litter trained lol.. puddles everywhere!! :p

i deffo think shell be happier as a house bunny with lots of attention from you :D took pearl about 2 weeks to get used to a new home and the change to a house bunny in the middle of winter last year with no bad effects to her :D:D

Bring her in!!

When we were little we had outdoor bunnies, which we saw plenty of in the summer and not much in the winter.

Now I have indoor bunnies I appreciate them and their personalities so much more. They're now a part of the family rather than just pets in a cage outside.

Do it!!

Oh and I must say your guinea pigs look so beatifully spoilt I reckon your bun deserves the same treatment :love:

Why not get her a friend if you have the space and finances to do so then she will have someone to snuggle up with a groom and play with

I agree with webbkath :D Having a house bunny is fun but ...... not all buns litter train, not all buns like your taste in wallpaper, carpet, lino, curtains, cushion covers or sofa, not all buns think electrical items need connecting to the electrical supply ........

I agree with webbkath :D Having a house bunny is fun but ...... not all buns litter train, not all buns like your taste in wallpaper, carpet, lino, curtains, cushion covers or sofa, not all buns think electrical items need connecting to the electrical supply ........
Ah thats why my carpet, wallpaper and kitchen cupboards have been chewed the odd times the buns have been in its my taste in decor :lol:

Ah thats why my carpet, wallpaper and kitchen cupboards have been chewed the odd times the buns have been in its my taste in decor :lol:

:lol: Your buns must be more subtle than mine! ;) :lol: Max also thinks zips should be abolished - most of mine and Andys only run half way up before the toggle comes off!! :lol:

Oh and his way of saying get off your fat backside is to eat all the remote control buttons too .......

Back