• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freedom versus furniture

confusedman

Mama Doe
Today Fanta & George run free in the kitchen for the first time. They were very happyand playful. After 10 minutes George started chewing the table, the kitchen furniture and the wall. In just two seconds cut off a piece of table's leg. :cry:
Is there anything we can do about it?? We are quite worried because if it goes like that bye bye free range rabbits.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
I heard that some people have success with standing the furniture legs in something such as a large margerine tub...never tried it myself

I have just read that "i would say the best thing to do- especially from experience since i have cord and carpet chewers- is to lace everything si with DOVE soap. they hate it and wont go near it. Dove soap is the only soap that is non toxic for bunnies so ONLY use that soap. just wet and rub on the furniture or wherever ur bunny has been chewing- "
Do you think it may work¿?¿¿

I have just read that "i would say the best thing to do- especially from experience since i have cord and carpet chewers- is to lace everything si with DOVE soap. they hate it and wont go near it. Dove soap is the only soap that is non toxic for bunnies so ONLY use that soap. just wet and rub on the furniture or wherever ur bunny has been chewing- "
Do you think it may work¿?¿¿

if it tastes bad to us it must taste bad to them too... worth a try.. i tried vinegar when alvin was a baby... did nothing he just waited for it to dry and carried on chewin :roll:

In just a little time he´s tryied all the chairs +the table legs+ the wall!!! + the kitchen furniture.... he has even taken a piece of one of my partner´s troursers button!!!
Waw... we weren´t expecting a rabbit as nice as Fanta but in only one hour we had to stop him chewing stuff a lot of times....
Bit worried, what´s gonna happen when he realy become confident???

give him loads of cardboard to destroy.. apart from the wallpaper which i think was an addiction alvin loved cardboard.. especially the drink holders from macdonalds lol

I would give soap a go as my first stop. Many rabbits dislike different things it can be trial and error to start with.

Back