• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grinding Teeth?

Does she do it when you rub her head. Mine does it when i rub her head. I also read that they may grind their teeth when they are being rubbed and content.

She is probably experiencing some discomfort after her operation, she did have painkiller didn't she?

Is it frequent and loud or quiet and intermittent?

its loud, and its only very occasionally,
noticeably more when i'm encourageing her to drink, i've been putting her bowl of water(she has a bottle too) in and out as she keeps soaking herself.
if shes doing it tomorrow i'll give the vet a phone,
also my step sister told me her bunny was given a jag after not pooing after 24hours
is this the correct procedure?

pebble was grinding her teeth! and stopped eating, i went the next day to get a gut stimulant jab for her! then she was fine :) ate like a horse, and stopped grinding her teeth x

Last edited:
its loud, and its only very occasionally,
noticeably more when i'm encourageing her to drink, i've been putting her bowl of water(she has a bottle too) in and out as she keeps soaking herself.
if shes doing it tomorrow i'll give the vet a phone,
also my step sister told me her bunny was given a jag after not pooing after 24hours
is this the correct procedure?

It may be that the painkiller has only taken the edge off the pain, but that will mean she is less inclined to over exert herself if she can feel that she is 'injured'.

Yes, your step-sisters rabbit was probably given Metaclopromide to help her gut motility and stimulate her appetite. This is what your vets should have given Miffy after her spey today.

in this instance i would say its pain how long ago was the painkiller injected? as it only lasts 24hours in total.(metacam) and she may need more by syringe, have you tried mashing her pellets in warm water..giving her dandilions and leaves? it is likely its her tummy giving her problems if she is gassy poor thing keep her extra warm i woudl ring vet to check if there is any mroe painkiller she can have,x

in this instance i would say its pain how long ago was the painkiller injected? as it only lasts 24hours in total.(metacam) and she may need more by syringe, have you tried mashing her pellets in warm water..giving her dandilions and leaves? it is likely its her tummy giving her problems if she is gassy poor thing keep her extra warm i woudl ring vet to check if there is any mroe painkiller she can have,x

She was speyed today and has eaten but not pooped, nothing out of the ordinary for such invasive surgery really.

If she isn't pooing and looking perkier by tomorrow morning then the vet needs to be contacted.

Back