• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 buns coming to me on thurs...update...pics

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
I have wanted to foster buns for a while now but my local rescue centres dont foster their buns so i thought id take it upon myself to take in buns from people who are desparate and id rehome them myself.

I have 4 coming in on thursday, 3 ex breeding does :evil: and a English Doe, what is an English doe??

Luckily I used to work for one of my local rescue centres and they will help me. I will raise the funds myself to get them neutered vaxinated etc.. in the meantime.

Just looking for any tips, advice and pointed in the right direction so i can home them successfully.

Thanks.

Last edited:
When people enquire to me I send them a rehoming questionare with questions on homing/housing, feeing, health etc..

If they pass that I arrange home visits/checks If its not local to me i find someone who can do it, I help a rescue out doing homechecks here for them and they return favour there area.

If the hme check passes and when they collect bun etc.. they sign a agreement between us.

I dont ask for donations and none are given voluntarly so every penny is funded by myself. You may want to ask for a donation?

Quarantine from your own buns. I brought a foster to mine that turned out to have EC (with no symptoms for 6 months), & risked my own buns. Panacur as soon as they come in if you can

If you tell your own vet you are a small rescue/fostering - you MAY be able to get a discount on neutering. I get a 10% discount on all my buns because I've taken them off the vet too when they've had them dumped on them.

Make sure all opposite sex buns are kept separate - no accidental litters - that's not helping the problem at all:D Learn how to sex - I took a bun called Alice to the vet for a spay, & he had the most obvious plums EVER. I hadn't checked - he was called Alice:roll:

Get an adoption form signed for buns going to new homes. Do homechecks - people can spin things anyway they like:D

i have taken in and rehomed my fair share of buns to. keep them quarrintined from your own bunnys for 1-2weeks minimum and get their health check at vets done(including teeth) and vaccinations. my veets are pretty good they charge me £22 for vhd and myxi but obviously i wait the 2-3 weeek gap its just cheaper if i pay for both together. once have vaccs. and any health issues are solved(there could be any number of things) a course of pannacur should be done. i do the 9day preventative now( i didnt used to bother but had an ec scare and now realise its importance ) i would ensure that they arent pregnant adn get enuteres organised where possible. then i put buns onto rin(pm soad) and sometimes on preloved. but i state that a homecheck will be needed anda donation fee of £20( towards their cost) i only have one spare space as a quarrintine so only ever take in 1 or a pair at a time i cant afford to do any more. i speak on phone to new owners and get a photo of set up and a home check organised if all is fine i sign an agreement with the new owner and transfer vet details i also if it was a person who had no currernt buns of thier own i woudl issue a fact sheet too. with my telephone number on it x ps english is a black and white large ish breed usually

well if they say english it could be any bunny lol!

Ive had Dwarf Lops come to me to be boarded n they said it was an english lop, then had a rex and been told she was an english spot lol

so dont be suprised if this english isnt an english lol!

good luck!!! xx

English could also mean English Lop.
I second what Angie has said about Quarantining.....your hygiene needs to be scrupulous and they should be kept away from other rabbits for a minimum of 2 weeks.

EC, is that? Mind is blank of any particular articles but if you google/search on here E cuniculi then you'll find out all about it :) Well Done trying to help, Wishing you lots of luck xx

EC is E-cuniculi or head tilt.........Panacur is the med used to worm rabbits. EC is caused by a parasite.

Some people choose to worm their rabbit 2-4 times per year as you would a cat or dog. It's a 9 day course.

If a rabbit presents with EC it's of paramount importance that they are put on to Panacur immediately and it's a 28 day course. Obviously a vet must be seen as well.

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/ecuniculi.htm

Last edited:
Thanks guyes not sure what EU is and pedicure??

:lol::lol::lol:

EC & Panacur.

9 days of panacur treats a bun for worms which vets now advise should be done every few months. 28 days panacur is to treat for EC.

EC is carried by most buns (there's allsorts of percentages given - I'm not sure what is correct), & spread in urine - so litter trays/hutches/runs shouldn't be swapped between buns. They can carry it & not show symptoms or ever show symptoms but still pass it to other buns. There's a million & one symptoms including head tilt, incontinence, cataracts/blindness/weight loss/kidney probs etc etc, most of which can be caused by other stuff too.

If you wanted to prevent EC a full 28 day course of panacur for each bun would be needed as opposed to the usual 9 day used for worming.

Search E Cuniculi on here and google for more info on it, it's horrible :cry:

I wouldn't trust any info you already have on them, the people are not likely to know a great deal so firstly obviously double check the sex and then if they are paired up keep them together (if they are female) and keep away from your buns for 2 weeks. Also wear different clothes for the new buns etc.

With regards to rehoming, once they are settled get them posted on here asap. Ask a few rescues if you can borrow there forms or alter them and send them to anyone enquiring.

I would also perhaps run a little fundraiser on here like name the bunny, for the vet bills. Every little will help. Ask vets for a discount as not only regular trips for your buns but also foster rabbits. If they are expensive see if you can find another vet for the foster rabbits that are cheaper.

I would ask anyone who wants to adopt for a minimum donation. If you do not ask for a donation you are at risk of someone wanting a freebee, people can seem nice but might not be. Paying will make them think twice, although sometimes still not enough :roll:

Also a with a minimum donation you'll often find you get given more than that.

Lastly I can do any home checks for you out this way ;)

Well done though, looking forward to the piccies :D

If you wanted to prevent EC a full 28 day course of panacur for each bun would be needed as opposed to the usual 9 day used for worming.

Search E Cuniculi on here and google for more info on it, it's horrible :cry:

I wouldn't trust any info you already have on them, the people are not likely to know a great deal so firstly obviously double check the sex and then if they are paired up keep them together (if they are female) and keep away from your buns for 2 weeks. Also wear different clothes for the new buns etc.

With regards to rehoming, once they are settled get them posted on here asap. Ask a few rescues if you can borrow there forms or alter them and send them to anyone enquiring.

I would also perhaps run a little fundraiser on here like name the bunny, for the vet bills. Every little will help. Ask vets for a discount as not only regular trips for your buns but also foster rabbits. If they are expensive see if you can find another vet for the foster rabbits that are cheaper.

I would ask anyone who wants to adopt for a minimum donation. If you do not ask for a donation you are at risk of someone wanting a freebee, people can seem nice but might not be. Paying will make them think twice, although sometimes still not enough :roll:

Also a with a minimum donation you'll often find you get given more than that.

Lastly I can do any home checks for you out this way ;)

Well done though, looking forward to the piccies :D

Thank you vicki, i need all the help i can get, whoo hoo, i have my first home checker:D will worm all the buns now i think:)

Thanks all for your adivce.... here they are:

Lady
DSC00929.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Tess - Bit over weight
DSC00950.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

Muffin
DSC00942.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

Maizie
DSC00934.jpg