• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

helping paddy settle and get used to me. (added a pic)

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
would sitting with him quietly on my lap stroking him gently and talking to him get him used to me without scaring him too much?

i dont want him to just be sat in his cage where its quiet cos it makes me think he'll never get used to us then.

i dont know whats best?

Last edited:
I also give them a few days to settle in, get used to new smells,sounds etc but go over, talk to them gently,read a story or paper then build it up from there
I remember when i first got piper she would shake when i picked her up

The best thing to do would to be to go and sit next to his cage and talk to him :) Have the door open so he can come out if he pleases :)

Hes so unfamiliar with being indoors, so he'll need to get used to that, plus being in a new home, and then he needs to learn to get used to you and to trust you :) At the minute he probably things your some big monster whos just collected him from his 'safe' home :(

He'll soon learn to love you hun, in a few weeks you'll wonder what you were on about :D :D

Does he let you pick him up or does he run? Does he come over and smell your hand when you put it in the cage? xXx

The best thing to do would to be to go and sit next to his cage and talk to him :) Have the door open so he can come out if he pleases :)

Hes so unfamiliar with being indoors, so he'll need to get used to that, plus being in a new home, and then he needs to learn to get used to you and to trust you :) At the minute he probably things your some big monster whos just collected him from his 'safe' home :(

He'll soon learn to love you hun, in a few weeks you'll wonder what you were on about :D :D

Does he let you pick him up or does he run? Does he come over and smell your hand when you put it in the cage? xXx

Thanks hun :)

yep he lets me pick him up but I think thats cos hes frightened and he does it instead of running off.

he doesnt run at all, but then he doesnt come and sniff my hand or anything. he just sits completely still :( poor baby.

i had him upstairs tonight on the bed in the quiet and he was frightened at first but i talked to him and stroked his head and he settled down, ears settled and he just dozed a bit. but didnt move at all. so he is obv still very wary.

he isn't being bonded til the new year now and lily has no idea hes here :lol: his cage is on top of hers :)

hes lying stretched out in there now so i think hes slowly but surley settling :)

heres a lil pic

n518206149_1529302_8949.jpg

I think he is nervous of strangers, he froze when I saw him indoors post neuter.

yeaa i thought that.
he is a lot more relaxed tonight, more stretched out etc.

i just hope he gets used to us and dosen't stay frightened forever :(

Awww hun, he gorgeous :love: :love: Look at all his toys!! :lol: He'll soon be ok :)

When hes a bit more settles, you'll have to let me know when your in and im gonna come for a snuggle!! :oops:

xXx

Awww hun, he gorgeous :love: :love: Look at all his toys!! :lol: He'll soon be ok :)

When hes a bit more settles, you'll have to let me know when your in and im gonna come for a snuggle!! :oops:

xXx

of course you can come up hun!

the plan with the toys is to give them to lily once hes had them. not that she'll take much notice i doubt! :lol:

Back