• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going outside in the cold

Do you like going outside in the cold?

• Yes, love it!!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes, if I have 20 layers on!!

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I wait for it be light first so its a bit warmer

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No, should really bring them indoors.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
I love going out first thing in the mornings to see, clean and feed the buns and piggies. Even if it is sweeping up frozen poo :shock: I love the way it wakes me up.

Anyone else as nutty as me?

Depends what time...at this time of year it's still fairly dark when I first go out in the morning, and I hate seeing to the buns in the dark

No..... I hate going out but I know I have to as it wouldn't be fair on them otherwise. The worst thing is cleaning them out in the cold but theres no satisfaction like seeing them all nice and clean and exploring their newly tidied homes. I also hate the fact I can't always put them on the grass as it's frozen solid and Bella loves going on it so much. Never mind I'll just have to keep on grinning and baring it though!

Yep i take a wonder outside in my dressing gown just to make sure there all ok at 7am :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Depends what time...at this time of year it's still fairly dark when I first go out in the morning, and I hate seeing to the buns in the dark

I agree with the dark bit but only when the light goes out (its one of those PIR thingys) and then I am left sweeping in the dark. Nothing like trying to remember where you saw the poo. :lol:

I agree with the dark bit but only when the light goes out (its one of those PIR thingys) and then I am left sweeping in the dark. Nothing like trying to remember where you saw the poo. :lol:

We don't have outside lighting, but I manage pretty well with my head torch...it's been a godsend :D

I go out in my dressing gown!!! Strangely enough, I don't find it too cold out there first thing!

I dont like going out in the cold or cleaning in the cold but it has to be done. Luckily we have an outdoor light that illuminates the full garden so they could be cleaned in the dark at a push.
I cleaned them out the other day and my hands were blue i was so cold :lol:

There's nothing fun about going outside at 5.45am, before I rush to the gym. I HAVE to take their hutch covers off then, cos otherwise they won't see daylight. Like me.:roll:

Yep i take a wonder outside in my dressing gown just to make sure there all ok at 7am :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me too :lol: Head torch as well at this time of year! I dread to think what the neighbours would think :lol:

i love seeing my bunnies in the morning, their in the shed too so i have light. i watch them eat for a bit before i get ready for work. hate leaving them, wee darlings. :love::love:

I don't mind it :) I don't like going out when its dark and raining though, I have slipped over so many times

I sit out there with Buu in her run everyday and its fine :)

Me too :lol: Head torch as well at this time of year! I dread to think what the neighbours would think :lol:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall. :lol::lol::lol:

I don't mind the cold but I hate it when it's freezing cold and wet too. :( I usually go out at around 7am - I'm up around 6 but it's too dark to see anything then (maybe I need a head torch :D) - and Alfie and Bubbles are usually sitting in the run waiting to be fed.

Mine was £3.99 from Wilkos and it's ace :D

Yes I agree, I'm fine with it being frosty and cold, but wet and windy is just yuk!

I always sit indoors, lovely and warm and dread having to go out to feed the buns.... until I've been out there for a couple of minutes and then I wonder why I was dreading it :oops::lol:
I normally end up cleaning them out in the late afternoon/early evening so I don't do myself any favours, all the sheds/runs have lights though so it's no harder.... just colder!

I go out every morning at 5.30am(except Sunday tis 7.00am)I go out in my PJ,s with a coat over the top,wooly hat and slippers if it is dry:oops:
My neighbours know i am mad:roll::lol::lol:

Back