• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no!

Lucy

Warren Veteran
One of the vets we use wants to adopt a pair of rabbits from us :shock: It's great, but imagine if we had to fail the homecheck :shock::lol:

I wouldn't say she was a bunny vet, but as she's owned them before she probably knows a fair bit.

Im guessing as you said 'she' it isnt Peer :lol::lol: Here was me thinking he actually wanted a pet :shock::lol:

The blonde girl is nice :) Shes about the only one there is trust to look after a bunny of mine :shock::oops: xXx

i think like any home be honest adn upfront about what requirements you want before the home check and then if doesnt meet them try adn work with her so she can meet the standereds and think how much more rabbit savvy she will likely vecome if she has her own!!!! so you will also be getting the added benifit of an extra a more rabbit savvy vet! :)

if it does become a totall y wash out and fail then there isnt anything you can do explain why not it is after all the animals interests and i would hope as a vet she woudl understand that! you could give her the ru website to learn a bit extra before if you wanted?

Im guessing as you said 'she' it isnt Peer :lol::lol: Here was me thinking he actually wanted a pet :shock::lol:

The blonde girl is nice :) Shes about the only one there is trust to look after a bunny of mine :shock::oops: xXx

Yeah, imagine if it was Peer! :lol: Yes, you can have them but you can't treat them :lol:

Yeah, imagine if it was Peer! :lol: Yes, you can have them but you can't treat them :lol:

:lol: Yeah exactly :roll: Id love to fail a homecheck for him!! :lol::oops: Really hope it works out anyway :) Must be good having a vet on hand constantly :D xXx

if it does become a totall y wash out and fail then there isnt anything you can do explain why not it is after all the animals interests and i would hope as a vet she woudl understand that! you could give her the ru website to learn a bit extra before if you wanted?

No cus she'd see this thread :lol:

One of our vets adopted a guinea pig from us. I was similiarly worried. But at least I knew he would get the best of veterinary care....

I'm not genuinely worried, I just thought the scenario of having to fail one of our own vets was funny.

Luckily she has taken advice on housing, as I sent her a list of links to the right sized hutches.

Back