• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long it takes my lads to rip holes in their beds

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Not even 5 minutes!!

DSC02918.jpg

If he had waited a few minutes I would have put in all the broken ones and the snoozecubes, but he obviously felt the need to rip some holes in the new one

Is this for me mama?

DSC02912.jpg

Yummy!

DSC02913.jpg

And my other boys being angels and eating up their medicine

Alfie

DSC02870.jpg

Wyatt

DSC02886.jpg

DSC02887.jpg

Flip

DSC02895.jpg

And having their roast dinner the other night

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

They are so cute, i would love a rat, but i have way too much going on in my house with 2 lizards, 2 giant buns, and a very mouthy parrot!

Whats the cost of their upkeep like? (If you dont mind me asking)

They are so cute, i would love a rat, but i have way too much going on in my house with 2 lizards, 2 giant buns, and a very mouthy parrot!

Whats the cost of their upkeep like? (If you dont mind me asking)

Foods not too expensive, I make up a mix and it probably comes to about £15 a month for six rats. Fresh food nothing because I just give them whatever I am having and bits of fresh veg from the rabbits stuff

Bedding I use megazorb and I think one sack for £7 would last about a month with my two cages

Pretty much all their toys are things I make for them to play with so cost nothing

Hammocks about £30 a month, but you can buy cheaper ones than I get or make your own

Their chews I buy in bulk which probably works out at about £10 a month but it depends how quick they go through them

Vet bills for the rats has gone into thousands now this year, I don't know anyone with healthy rats so I think its very important to have money for large vet bills

And they need loads and loads of attention and time out of their cages each day :) And they need to be kept in pairs or groups x

OMG i loveeeee them all, i have always wanted rats but my ex said NO lol or he would leave, oh well he did leave any way :lol: looking at these babes i might just be ratty shopping after christmas lol

Awwww they are Gorgous!!!!!! Id love to post some pics of my ferrets but afterall, this is Rabbits United!!!:lol:
Seriously,what lovely pics.My daughter had a rat....he was smashing!!:love:

I gave up on buying hammocks when i had my lot, so i use to cut up the legs on the OH jeans and use giant paper clips to hang them in the cage. i was spending a fortune so i thought this was a better option:D
but after using all of the other halfs old jeans i found out that you could buy mens jeans for £4 from tesco, which was still alot cheaper:D

I gave up on buying hammocks when i had my lot, so i use to cut up the legs on the OH jeans and use giant paper clips to hang them in the cage. i was spending a fortune so i thought this was a better option:D
but after using all of the other halfs old jeans i found out that you could buy mens jeans for £4 from tesco, which was still alot cheaper:D

:lol: Thats a good idea :)

Back