• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi/VHD boosters

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie is due for his myxi booster at the beginning of January but Bubbles isn't due until the end of Feb. Ideally, I'd like them to both be done together to cut down on stressful vet trips. I don't want to postpone Alfie's booster but wondered whether it would hurt to bring Bubbles' forward by that much - roughly 7 or 8 weeks early I think.

The same thing applies for their vhd - Alfie is due middle of July, Bubbles is due beginning of September.

I have 6 buns and their jabs are due all over the place, im back and forth to the vets like a yo yo, same with the dogs too. :roll:

If they were all due at the same time then id just get the vet to come to my house, thats wishfull thinking though!!

I have in the passed either brought vacc forward or postponed them for a few weeks so tyhat i can have my lot done in blocks, it wont do any harm to have the booster a few weeks early xx

You can bring Myxi boosters forward, not sure about VHD though.

I'd be tempted to do them both in february though, the best time of year to do it is so that they have the highest level of antibodies through spring and summer when flies etc start appearing.

Bringing both vaccines forward by a month wont hurt but I'd probably try and go for somewhere in the middle & would probably delay to the first week in feb and the 6 month mixi booster a little later again and try and get it so you are vaccinating for Mixi & VHD in march. That way you'll have good coverage for the late spring - summer months.

Thank you for the input. :) I think I might delay Alfie's booster for a little while then until Feb as I want to make sure both him and Bubbles have the best protection possible during the spring/summer months.

Back