• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elsa's hairy feet!

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Elsa is a lionlop, kind of fluffy but not extreme. Her feet are all matted and muddy where she has been hopping around on the grass when it's been wet. She doesn't like being handled but I'm wondering if I should try and cut the matts off and clean up her feet a bit? I've closed off the muddy bit of the run so she won't go straight back into it:?

My French Lop Daisy had muddy mats on her feet too......but thankfully she is pretty docile being handled and let me sort them out! :D

So its not just me with messy buns :oops: I just cut them off my male rabbit and let him clean it himself, but when the girls are muddy they need a full bath and blowdry :lol:

Ah, good to know I'm not alone! I'll maybe try and snip the worst of them off and leave the rest to her so as not to traumatise her too much:D

Rambaldi has matts on the soles of his hind legs (the hocks?) but the vet said we should leave them there as added protection against sore hocks.

I don't know if that is relevant - I wasn't sure which part of the foot you meant as being muddy.

Emma

Back