• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit biscuit recipe.........

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I found this recipe on the net a few weeks ago and have yet to try it! Its a recipe to make homemade biscuits for bunnies!!
Think i will before xmas! what do u all think......

Smack Snacks for Rabbits

You will need:

* 1 c. rolled oats, finely ground (coffee grinder works best)
* 1/4 c. rabbit pellets, finely ground
* 2 medium-sized bunches of parsley
* 1/2 of a carrot
* 1/2 of a banana
* 1/4 c. + 1 tbsp. water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet or stone with wax paper (baking stones actually work best). Grind pellets and oats down to a powder and set aside. Puree parsley, carrot, banana and water. This should become fairly liquefied, so you can add more or less water depending on the consistency. In a bowl, mix puree and dry ingredients. Knead until a stiff dough is formed. Dough will be somewhat sticky. Place ball of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll to about 1/8 – 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut into small squares and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes (don't let them get too brown), then turn off the heat and let them sit in the warm oven for at least an hour. (The last step is really important because letting them sit in a warm oven is what dries them out so they'll keep for a really long time and not grow mold!)

Will try them with the buns and let u all know how it goes!!!!:D

oOoOoh am going to get hubby to make these 4 the buns tomorrow :thumb: He can even use a pretty cutter to shape them for them :oops::lol: Just got to write all that out as we have no printer :oops: xXx

Sounds good enough to eat - infact, I made my rats some similar treats once and my brother pinched some to eat :lol:
One thing to note is that I know porridge oats are used to keep/put weight on buns so don't overdo it with these treats, especially with crushed pellets in them too, or you'll have tubby buns!

how did everyones go??

Im going to try them 2moro im useless at cooking?? how do u measure the stuff?? i sound daft i know but whats 1c?

i made the recipe that lauralou had posted which is pretty much the same and used wholemeal flour instead of oats (then made the oats version too).... looked pretty manky but the bunnies love them... never buying shop treats again now :)

how did everyones go??

Im going to try them 2moro im useless at cooking?? how do u measure the stuff?? i sound daft i know but whats 1c?

1 Cup hun :)

I made these about 2 hours ago and the buns are yet to try them :D Ronnie was round my feet when i was putting all the things into the blender :lol: They have yet to try them :D xXx

How did anyone get on with these?!
I've just made some, they're in the oven now. I didnt have any parsley so mine have a little lavender in them with banana and carrot :)
How did anyone elses turn out? :wave:

thanks for this recipe. my 11yr old off sick -well we all r now but she getting better and bored -so am going to send her into kitchen to bake them. she is brill baker ill let u kno how it goes -after im the one left to tidy up mess:D

Back