• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella's been admitted today U/D My Beautiful girl has gone

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Bella has been really off it today, she hasnt eaten or drunk anything, not even her fav treats, nor has she passed anything.

I have just got back from Vets. Everything was normal(ish) expect her been cold and rather quiet. The Vet doesnt feel her problem is entirely teeth related..
The Vet felt her stomach and said she had lumps, now she thinks the lumps are poo as they were squishy, but like i said thats still not right. The Vet mentioned the possibility of tumours. She also said something about Stasis and it began with G before it but i cant spell it. The Vet gave me two options, carry on as we have done as that seemed to of worked, (critical care, fibreplex, zantac and metacam etc etc) or send her to the Hospital and have some tests done. I chose the second option, as i feel we need to get to the bottom of the problem. There going to do some Xrays and Blood work as a start and begin syring feeding her every 3hours and will keep me updated.

The Vet did warn me that after going through all of this what they may find is wrong with her may not be treatable :( :cry: :( The Vet didnt sound very hopeful.

Can i have all the VIBES in the world for my precious girl :(
Im so upset and thinking the worse, sorry if this is all muddled :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that bella has got worse today.

Hopefully you will get some answers from the blood tests etc.

I really hope they find out what is wrong and are able to help her, she has been poorly for so long.

thinking of you and Bella

Thats why i decided she needed the problems looking into further, its no use carrying on as we are, she needs further investigation.

I am just praying i get to hold my girl again and get to see her back in the group, with her friends.

Have i made the right decision?

Last edited:
Thats why i decided she needed the problems looking into further, its no use carrying on as we are, she needs further investigation.

I am just praying i get to hold my girl again and get to see her back in the group, with her friends.

Have i made the right decision?

I think you have definately made the right decision. There is no point just treating the symptoms without trying to find out the primary cause of the problem Gastrointestinal Stasis is often a secondary symptom and whilst its important to promptly treat GI stasis it is equally important to try to find out what caused it.
I am sure the Vets will do all they can for Bella. The blood tests and Xrays may give them more to work on re treatment. I know it is distressing having to hand a Bun over to the care of a Hospital, but I am certain this is now what Bella needs.

Please keep us posted about how she is doing

xx

Hi Nat
Hope they get to the bottom of the problem and you have her back with other bunnies soon. Sending lots of vibes.
Joanne

Thanks everyone.
I am just praying for good news.
I cant help but think the worse.
Jane your advice has been amazing and i cant thank you enough :)
I will let you know as soon as i hear anything.
Can safety say i am glad i made the decision to admit her :)

Oh Nat, just on line to find this. I hope the tests find the problem. You are doing all you can for her. Sending vibes

Investigative work really is the next logical step as her problem obviously isn't going to resolve itself. The problem with GI related issues is they can be so hard to fully diagnose when the option to 'open up' isn't really an option in a rabbit....so a full set of bloods & x-rays is the next best thing.

I really hope you have some good news soon.

Havent heard anything yet. Although Vet did say they would ring in morning, so no news is good news :)

How im going to sleep tonight i dont know, cant stop thinking about her :(

Thanks to everyone for the Vibes, keep them coming!

Back