• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT! Lethargic Rabbit!

buffytariq

Young Bun
I went down at 4:15 pm to find one of my bucks running around the shed , which is normal as they have exercise. I then saw my other buck had escaped from his hutch. I found him between one hutch and the shed wall. He has become very lethargic and weak. They have obviously been in a fight. I have managed to get water down him and keep him wrapped up warm. I have put him in a dark and quiet room. Does anyone have any advice they can give me?

Please!

I went down at 4:15 pm to find one of my bucks running around the shed , which is normal as they have exercise. I then saw my other buck had escaped from his hutch. I found him between one hutch and the shed wall. He has become very lethargic and weak. They have obviously been in a fight. I have managed to get water down him and keep him wrapped up warm. I have put him in a dark and quiet room. Does anyone have any advice they can give me?

Please!

It sounds as though he is shocked. So warmth is essential til you can get him to a Vet. He may well have injuries that need attention. Bucks often attack another Bucks testicles causing serious damage.
I would contact your Vet now.
Good luck

id say get to the vets ASAP, push fluids and keep bunny warm till you can get them to the vets, When phoebe gets poorly i wrap him in a towel, put a hoodie on and put him inside my hoodie

Back