• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our stray died

Lucy

Warren Veteran
We had a stray bunny brought in and she died yesterday. She was fine but we suspected pregnancy die to a swollen looking belly. The vet said he wanted to see her again this week to check on her, but yeaterday she went very temperamental and then stopped moving. They then saw she'd gone off her back legs and she died shortly after.

I have asked the vets to do a post mortem so we can get an idea of whats happened. The vet earlier today said he thinks it could have been a tumour :(

Her name was Minnie,

a132ok.jpg

1zg57gh.jpg

The vet opened her up to have a little peek to see if he could see what it may have been, and he said her stomach was full of blood. He couldn't say for sure it was vhd buit it could have been that or another haemoraghic disease. She must have come in with it as her stomach was swollen then, but we thought she could have been pregnant, not bleeding internally :? Poor little girly :cry:

:cry: What a pretty girly Minnie was :( Will be interesting to see what was wrong.

Binky Free Minnie xXx

Oh no I am so sorry, is the foster ok, she was quite taken wasn't she :cry:?

Binky free :cry::cry:

Oh no I am so sorry, is the foster ok, she was quite taken wasn't she :cry:?

Binky free :cry::cry:

Yeah, they were going to keep her. I think they were all upset but her daughter would have been most affected.

I tried to console her by saying this sort of thing can happen with strays, as we don't know what they are coming to us with. It doesn't make it any easier does it.

Back