• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pootle the fosterbun, back from the vets...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
I've just got back... :)

My vet managed to get her in this morning (miracle, as they are always really busy in the mornings). They gave her an all over check, and her Myxo.

Her wee is very thick and sludgy, which she kindly allowed us to check, as she deposited some on the exam table :lol: , no trace of blood, but high alkali and calcium. That should change when I get her on a better diet. She said there was no sign of infection though.

Her ears were looking a little crusty, but the vet said there were no mites, just scurf. Not sure what to do about that, any suggestions gratefully received! :) Teeth are perfect, fur is clear and thick.
bunny.gif

They also shaved the mats in her fur and cleaned up her bum for me. I'm pretty sure she will improve when she gets off muesli and onto pellets. I think she may be a little on the cuddly side, but that may be because she is 90% fur at the mo. Anyone know how is best to weigh a bunny? And what sort of weight should I be happy with? :?

Again, the vet only charged for the Myxo! :mrgreen:

Didn't the vets weigh her for you?

If she just has a little dirt in her ears you can wipe them out with cotton wool & warm water (exterior only, don't go into the ear canal). If it's a thicker build up then she may need some drops to help clear it.

Didn't the vets weigh her for you?

No, dont think so, unless she did it out the back when they shaved her. Calling now to check...

Update: They didn't weigh her, but said to bring her down at 2:30 and they will weigh her then. :D

Last edited:
Back