• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

taking petal to the vets tonight.U/D

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
taking petal to the vets tonight, it's nearly 3 months now that she hasn't stretched and when i'm carring her over to the house her back twitches like something is pulling it. so hopefully i don't get shrugged off by the vets!!!:roll:

Last edited:
You shouldn't get shrugged off it could be all sorts of things. When we rescued my first bunny from a friend we took her to the vets to have her vaccinated and speyed (she was 4 and had never ever been to the vets!). When she was under they discovered her womb was completely enlarged through infection. She would have died if we hadn't rescued her. Anyway, she probably hadn't been able to stretch for months but because her owners kept her in a tiny cage with no run or exercise they wouldn't have noticed.

You noticed and are doing something about it! Whatever it is, it will get sorted and all will be good again! Hoorah!

Emma

thanks emma, yeah i'm just worried cos she was stretching before her spay, she just sits in a huddle now and doesn't run about just as much but that could be the weather. well better safe than sorry, it's only £8 to get her checked.

well just back from the vets apparently her stitches still haven't dissolved and are causing her stiffness in the skin, he says she in really good health and it'll just take a little longer for them to dissolve, he said it depends on the animal how long it takes for them to dissolve.

Back