• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*frustrated* Why do you wee on anything soft?!

Xowhiteasianxo

Warren Scout
Ugh, the MOMENT he touches anything soft he wee's on it IMMEDIATELY. And all over it too. Not just once but 2,3,4 times. Towels, carpets, clothing...anything soft. He has never wee'd on the hard floor in my bedroom but as soon as I give him a hand towel he loves to wee all over it and LAY on it :shock:

Is it because he is not neutered?

My rabbit is neutered but he has just started to do this as well. He is an outdoor bun but has fleeces in special places for him and the other rabbit to snuggle into when it is cold (they refuse to use their hutch!). During the last two weeks he has just started peeing all over them for no apparent reason. I am taking him to the vets today for a check up on his sore hocks and will report back any info I find out.

Rabbits...

i think its just more comfortable for them it is likely to be easier to litter train him once he is neutered as he will want to mark everythign with his scent by wweeing on it. i would suggest that every time he wees you get some kitchen towel soak the wee in it and place in his litter tray.

My neutered pair, Millie and Thumper are thee worst for peeing everywhere.
Carpet, towels etc. Even a sock that i had accidentally left on the floor!!!

Their daughter Fudge is not neutered and pees in a litter tray in her cage but likes to pee on the carpet when she is out, so i use a puppy training pad and she goes there everytime as its soft.

Tried that with Millie and thumper and yes they peed on it but still everywhere else!!! :evil:GRRRRRR.....:lol::lol:

I dont know what to do !!!! its deffo a big problem:D

think andrex loo paper..nice n soft..and bunnies love to pee on soft surfaces..its a problem with neutered and uneutered buns alike!

my kibbles used to poo all over the lounge floor but never ever peed on anything soft or furniture etc...
woozle was alittle:censored: and only liked to do it on the setee or anhting left on the setee!
oscar was the cleanest bun ive ever had..i even had fake snow stuff on the floor under crimbo tree..he never peed or pooed on it once!
but bif..shes terirble and she made oscar cry when they shared thier stuff cos she peed on anything..berties the same as is bandit..but willow nvere ever did until after the group unbonded and the lounge got partitioned off then she escaped and peed on the armchairs overnite!!

berties been a weed on a bed i made up for him and the cats under the radiator but he hadnt for weeks and now he has!

territoiral issues abound even in neutered buns.

i wonder if its cos bandit bif n bertie were all 18 monhts old when i adopted them respcetively..bif had just been speyed by the resuce..bertie had been done by jo..bandit was intact and we had him neutered after getting him from the rescue. woozle was prone to cystitis etc and had bladder crystals and wasnt bale to be neutered till he was better..a few months after his plums had dropped.
maybe its a case of get em done ebfore puberty hits if at all possible to make em cleaner buns?

bertie would much rather wee on puppy pads than use a tray!:lol: but frenchies fill one in seconds!!

Carlton was JUST like that before he was neutered, drove me mad. We just couldn't leave anything on the floor.... or let him on the bed or sofa!!

He'll do it at odd times now but nothing like he used to!

Charlie used to be good, only went in his litter tray...then he changed his mind and would go on his sleeping bag, and even my bed :| urgh. Then before he was neutered I banned him from my bed...since I've let him back he's been good as gold

Well, Rambaldi just likes soft things apparently! I thought maybe he had wee wee issues because of some calcium build-up but the vet checked him out and all is good. He is just one of those buns that doesn't want to oblige by only peeing in his toilet. :evil:

Oh well, I love him anyway...just not the constant frakking cleaning! :roll:

Emma

I have a theory!!

:wave:

Lollybun goes through phases with his wee wee (he's been jiggered). for weeks on end he'll only go in designated areas - his "en-suite", the outdoor loo (paper on living room floor) and then out of the blue, like this morning, he'll have a right royal wee on the living room carpet!!

he gets very excited when he sees me getting out the Bounty kitchen roll and Vanish carpet cleaner, and heres the theory....... He has invested in these two companies, probably on line when i'm at work. the more he piddles, the more stock i have to buy, and the fatter his portfolio gets!!

he's a little merchant!!

:wave:

Lollybun goes through phases with his wee wee (he's been jiggered). for weeks on end he'll only go in designated areas - his "en-suite", the outdoor loo (paper on living room floor) and then out of the blue, like this morning, he'll have a right royal wee on the living room carpet!!

he gets very excited when he sees me getting out the Bounty kitchen roll and Vanish carpet cleaner, and heres the theory....... He has invested in these two companies, probably on line when i'm at work. the more he piddles, the more stock i have to buy, and the fatter his portfolio gets!!

he's a little merchant!!

I think Azlan is trying to get in on that investment. :lol:

thats given me a right laugh..thanks lollys mum...classic!!

i have visions of him now checking his stocks n shares in the financial times..whilst hes peeing on it of course:lol::lol:

Back