• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please/UD Dont know whats wrong - help please?

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Can Flopsy have some vibes please?
I've had to take her to the vet tonight. She wasn't having her tea and was very quiet, not wanting to hop.
Her vitals were all ok, but she seemed tender near her back legs. He thinks she has pulled a muscle somehow. She's been given a painkiller and im to take her back in the morning if she hasn't picked up.
Hope my little girl is ok :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes :)
She is a bit better this morning, she ate but she still isn't right. I'll be taking her back tonight

Shes been back to the vets tonight, she is still not right. All she wants to do is sit around. She was even sat on the bed with me before which is not like her!!
All i saw her eat today was one bit of parsley. I've had her seperate from Rory for 3 hours and shes not been to the loo either :?
She seems so sad.
The vet couldn't find any problem with her tonight, her legs didn't seem tender anymore.
She also said the painkiller from yesterday is still in her system so she cant give her anymore. She's had some probiotic and some science recovery.
I have to phone back tomorrow if shes not any better.
I just dont know what to do :? :cry:

Has she had any Metaclop?
Is she drinking?

I'm sorry to hear she still isn't feeling better. :(

ETA: Just read about her legs.

Did the Vet give her any Metoclopromide to try to get her guts going ?
Did the Vet take her temperature?
What was the pain killer she was given yesterday?

No the vet today didnt give her anything, or check her temperature. She checked her teeth, heart, lungs and had a prod around and said everything seemed ok.
Im not sure what the painkiller was either, sorry :(
I forgot to mention she was washing one of her back legs/bum and she seemed to sort of topple to the side which scared her.
Is 3 hours a long time to not go to the toilet?

No the vet today didnt give her anything, or check her temperature. She checked her teeth, heart, lungs and had a prod around and said everything seemed ok.
Im not sure what the painkiller was either, sorry :(
I forgot to mention she was washing one of her back legs/bum and she seemed to sort of topple to the side which scared her.
Is 3 hours a long time to not go to the toilet?

I am starting to think along the lines of middle-ear infection/EC.
Has she been treated with Panacur/Lapizole recently and did the Vet administer an antibiotic yesterday/today ?

Is she eating or drinking at all ?

No she hasn't had any antibiotic. I have some baytril in the house if that would help?
She is chomping on a bit of apple now, shes not interested in anything else. I filled their water up last night and it has gone down, but it could have been Rory. I she has a bowl of water now but hasn't touched it yet. She had water when i syringed her probiotic.
She toppled again when she was washing :(

No she hasn't had any antibiotic. I have some baytril in the house if that would help?
She is chomping on a bit of apple now, shes not interested in anything else. I filled their water up last night and it has gone down, but it could have been Rory. I she has a bowl of water now but hasn't touched it yet. She had water when i syringed her probiotic.
She toppled again when she was washing :(

Please dont administer any prescription meds without checking with your Vet first
I would just try to tempt her to eat this evening. Anything is better than nothing. She needs to be indoors if she isn't already. The 'toppling over' makes me think that she either has some sort of Central Nervous System problem (eg EC or middle ear disease) or perhaps a spinal injury causing pain (leading to anorexia/reduced gut motility/general depression).
I would get her back to the Vets in the morning and maybe suggest some more investigations.

Thanks for your help. I'll bring them both inside tonight and phone the vets in the morning :)

Back