• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please wish her luck....Im scared too!!

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Mrs Bun is going for spey tomorrow.Poor little lady has been suffering from the most terrible phantoms, lactating,nesting and basically really grumpy.Its the right thing for her, I know.shes a year old, or around that.
Shes all set up to go, a clean, scrummy hutch in my bedroom, all her favourite toys and chews, and her yummy fave foods,rocket,watercress,sprouts and spinach to encourage her to eat afterwards.
Any tips that I could do for after care??I would be grateful.Will let you know how she gets on.xx

Good luck for Mrs Bun tomorrow.I always find my buns are very thirsty after a GA.I expect she will be quite sleepy when you get her home just keep her warm and make sure she Is eating and pooing and weeing.Good luck for tomorrow hun Im sure she will be OK

Awwwwwww sending lots of vibes for her :)

Adequate pain relief is an essential so do check that your Vet will provide this.
Many Vets will not discharge a Bunny post spay til they are eating and pooing, which is really how it should be. So dont be unduly concerned if your Vet wants Mrs Bun to stay in overnight :) She should have a shot of gut motility meds after her op' which will help get her tum working.

xx

Hello Ladies.Thankyou for your messages.There was a bit of a mix up today.I rang the vets this morning and said Im running late as I did a night duty last night.The reply I got was "you were booked in for thursday Last Week".
Our diaries were wrong but however they agreed to do it today.So, I took Mrs Bun in.The vet checked her over (heart etc) and Mrs Bun didnt like that much.She hopped across the table to me and got real close as if to say"mummy,Help". It was so sweet.
She was then weighed and in August her weight was 2.36kg.Today she was 2.75!!have been told shes not to get any fatter,:oops:
The op went well and when I rang at 3pm, she was awake,and hopping about a bit.Hadnt eaten but was warm and had lots of pain relief and was gonna be fed a bit later as she was a litle sleepy still.So, thats the worse bit over with I feel.The vet who did the op is smashing,and will see her in the morning as Mrs Bun is being kept in overnight.so it seems that Mrs B is in the right place and good care is in practice.
Shes getting plenty of fuss from the nurses too which is nice for Mrs B and lovely for me.I simply adore my girlie and am now thinking seriously about a husbun for her in the spring.
Thankyou for your support Girls, its much appreciated.xxx:wave:

Ive just rang the vets again to say goodnight to Mrs B.She has been renamed Ms.Bun, and is also quite clingy.A little disorientated apparently, hasnt eaten yet but has been fed stuff to help (????)....now unsure if it was a gut stimulant or something to keep her going????? But shes chirpy and bright.Vet happy for her to come back to her own surroundings tomorrow.
Shes not the only one.I cant wait!!

Im so glad ms B has come through her Opp Ok.Sending loads of speedy recovery vibes so you can have your baby home soonxxx

Good evening all!! Shes home and hopping about like a playful kitten,trying to stop her from standing up!! Shes had a few nibbles at stuff,wolfed down some dandelions and I have Metacam to give her in the next day or 2,Baytril aswell and just in case,Fibreplex.
Im thrilled to have her home!!!:love::love:
She has a check up in a week, but i have to phone on thursday to let the vet know how she is.Any probs and I can call whenever.Theyve been brilliant with her (and me!!)xx

Back