• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack Aged 4 Weeks (C1998)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This photo was taken about 10 years ago. As you may be able to see I knew nothing about what to feed and Jack is tucking into a bowl of rubbish mix............:oops:

babyjack_picnik.jpg

Awww what a liccle sweety :love:

I dont think there was much choice available was there 10 years ago?

Awww what a liccle sweety :love:

I dont think there was much choice available was there 10 years ago?

I dont really remember. But I do know I once considered feeding my Buns cereals meant for humans instead of Rabbit Mix..........:shock:

Oh, and they all had a piece of toast every day too......:shock:

:oops:

He's beauuuuuutiful Jane, do you have any more pics of him as a littl'un? Its hard to beleive he was ever that teensy.

and re: feeding...I think we've all done foolish things when we started keeping rabbits...I certainly did. :oops::oops:

i was going to say its great to see how differnt bunnys lives are how they have improved i think we have all moved on and learnt a lot about bunnys in the time we have been looking after them!

and re: feeding...I think we've all done foolish things when we started keeping rabbits...I certainly did. :oops::oops:

That's for SURE! :roll:

When I was 11 and had my first bunny, he used to have pellets for food (similar to A&P)......BUT.......we also collected all of the lettuce trimmings from the market around the corner each afternoon, and he had piles of ICEBERG LETTUCE every day!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

It's an absolute miracle that he lived to a healthy old age! :oops:

That's for SURE! :roll:

When I was 11 and had my first bunny, he used to have pellets for food (similar to A&P)......BUT.......we also collected all of the lettuce trimmings from the market around the corner each afternoon, and he had piles of ICEBERG LETTUCE every day!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

It's an absolute miracle that he lived to a healthy old age! :oops:

My neighbour had a Bun (a Doe) who lived to be almost 12. She was unspayed until developing a Pyometra aged 10, never had hay (and was a Nethie with NO Dental problems), never vaccinated and her diet consisted of stale white bread, cabbage, rubbish muesli mix (containing fish derivitives :shock:) and whatever she could find in the garden she lived FREE RANGE in 24/7.............................

Shall we all just chuck the Bunny Care Book out now............:roll:

Back