• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No :( U/D with worrying news.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I think I've found another abcess on Mackenzie's chin, just behind the one that was operated on 12 days ago.

I'm at my wits end with this, I wish I had never agreed to having his flipping incisors removed, especially as the top ones appear to be growing back again already.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Sending you some best wishes!!
Have just had Patch go through a second op for abcess removal, i understand how disheartening it can be.

Sending you some best wishes!!
Have just had Patch go through a second op for abcess removal, i understand how disheartening it can be.

Is Patch the Tri-Colour Dutch in your signature?

I'm taking him back to the vets tomorrow, heaven help me when it comes to finding the money for another operation.... it will be his third in just over a month, so the GA isn't good news either. :(

Oh Sooz.....I am SO sorry.....what terrible news. :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor Mac....what an abcess hell he has been through. :cry: I am sending tons of vibes for Mac and will be hoping and praying that it is just a lump of swollen tissue or something from his last op. ::HUGS:: to you. :( xxxxx

((((( EXTRA-STRONG-ANTI-ABCESS-VIBES )))))

I'm taking him back to the vets tomorrow, heaven help me when it comes to finding the money for another operation.... it will be his third in just over a month, so the GA isn't good news either. :(

I've struggled to come up with the money for this op, especially with it being so close to christmas. I can see a couple of months walking and starving coming up for me! :cry:

Yes, that's Patch.

Mackenzie is a Tri-Dutch too :)

Thanks for your vibes everyone, sadly I think we are going to need them, his little chin is on fire again :(. I think we may have to move up the abx scale too, if he has another then the Ceporex obviously isn't doing it's job.

I've struggled to come up with the money for this op, especially with it being so close to christmas. I can see a couple of months walking and starving coming up for me! :cry:

His treatment alone for the past month stands at £300 so far.
Show me someone who thinks rabbits are a cheap pet so I can go and throw my vets receipts at them :evil::lol:.

Ive spent just under £1000 on 2 abcesses. (admittedly, i do think my vet is THE most expensive in the country. :cry:. But they are good with bunnies).

Blimey :shock:

The £300 covered a very difficult incisor removal, abcess removal & all associated medication plus no less than 9 vet trips!

I feel a bit better now :lol:

Loads of vibes for Mackenzie - hope it goes better than anticipated at the vets tomorrow. I'll have everything crossed for you both xxx

Back