• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new family additions **pics post 9

jenny s

Mama Doe
hi all ive finally found what ive been looking for

this afternoon i picked up two 9 week old conties they are brother and sister so he will be done as soon as he can(any ideas what age)

no doubt i will have loads of questions as ive never had a baby giant before as april was a year old when i got her.

will post some pics in a while

Last edited:
Aww congrats. I cant wait to see piccies :D

Nuetering can be done as soon as hi testicles appear, can be from 12 weeks plus. But you will need to seperate them before them just to be safe :wave:

Awww!! So pleased for you Jenny :) It was worth all that searching then? :lol:

Where did you get them from in the end?

As for the age and boy/girl... i *think* they will need to be split at around 12 weeks :? He will be able to be neutered when he has all his 'bits'. Vets vary... it may be worth getting your female done first as some vets will do them at 1kg or 4/5 months old, it sometimes takes the boys a bit longer to mature :)

Cant wait to see the pics :love: xXx

thanks for the replys

i will split the shed down the middle with something not sure what yet but will they be ok to still see each other before being done?

i did want two girls but when i got there my daughter fell in love with a steel boy so we had him and an agouti girl.

will pop out to the shed in a minuite and sneek a pic.:love:

Awww :love: Agouti's are gorgeous :love: Not bias or anything :oops: :lol:

Yeah id split the shed with double mesh... so they can still see each other but make sure they cant get at each other through the mesh :(

Remember after neutering to keep them apart 6 weeks :) xXx

thanks the lady said they wont start mating untill 6 months old so not to worry:roll:

i new they would need to be separted as id read alot about it on here so will book a trip to the vets next week for there free sign up check up and will ask when they can be done.

thanks the lady said they wont start mating untill 6 months old so not to worry:roll:
i new they would need to be separted as id read alot about it on here so will book a trip to the vets next week for there free sign up check up and will ask when they can be done.

That is appauling!! :censored: Its like saying they wont mate with the lights off :roll: Some people! Good job you knew about this forum before you got them :)

That is appauling!! :censored: Its like saying they wont mate with the lights off :roll: Some people! Good job you knew about this forum before you got them :)

thats why im leaving the lights on :lol:

glad i found this forum first as good no's how many babys i may end up with

I believe larger breeds tend to mature more slowly, so it is quite possible he wont be ready to be neutered at the usual 16 weeks....however that dosn't necessarily mean he wont be fertile, they may need to be seperated for a few weeks and then rebonded at a later date.

Do they have any names yet? :)

no names yet but here they are

male is the steel and female agoutie

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

sorry they are so big

Awww theyre so tiny!! :love: The male is a gorgeous colour :love: xXx

EDT: Just looked again :lol: The size of their ears compared to the size of their bodies is amazing!! :lol: xXx

i had seen them for a few weeks but as we still had april they were not for me, but when i los april i contacted the person well bombarded them with emails and got no reply. then yesterday morning i got an email from her so me and my daughter rushed over and got lost but eventualy found her. she had 4 agouti girls a steel girl and 2 steel boys. tiffany chose the male steel and i chose the girl.

been out to them this morning for loads of cuddles.:love:

Back