• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vincent is under the thumb

lauraandmike

Warren Scout
i have 2 rabbits that get on fine, but the female/Maple is very dominant. they had a fight when we first got them over 6 months ago, but we stopped this by keeping them in a confined area for 1 month, and then gradually making it bigger so they have half the garden (in a big run).

We have just brought the buns in now its really cold, we hve pretty much given them the same layout as they had outside. BUT!! the female is up to her old tricks again and as soon as we give them some space she is humping Vincent and getting ready to bite his back (i know the signs and havent let anything happen). she turns into a demon and theres no stopping her, i can see the intent to kill on her face evil rabbit. and so they are in a tiny space again. we have a flexible fence. all i wanted was for them to have a nice big room to themselves and have more interaction with us people. We can spend hours with them inside, standing in the garden at night at zero degrees is no fun.

now the boy has a bit more confidence I know that he will quickly retaliate.

any ideas on how to stop this behaviour? would really appreciate it.

unfortunately i think this is just the way she is. its such a shame because they are both lovely Vincent would be much more forward and less of a doormat without her around. Hes just a big soft furball.

Back