• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

photographing black bunnies... hmm

PrincessPeaches24

Warren Scout
hia,
maybe some of you photographers can help me.
i can almost NEVER get a decent picture of our shiny black bun, mercades.:?
any hints? she never sits still, so piccies without the flash are blurry... :roll:

and ive given up on group shots, since the light wont work for 2 mainly white buns and a black...:(

anyone know what i can do?
i really want to get some nice pics to send to the breeder (i know, breeder buns, sorry) and family. thanks!:)

I have the same problem with liquorice. The best bet is to get them somewhere light and photograph without the flash! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean, my Daisy is so shiny and pretty to look at but take a photo and she sort of dissapears and her big beautiful eyes go a funny colour! Its such a shame, buI think no flash is best!

thanks, :)

i did a quick photo shoot with her yesterday, and got a few nice shots.
i found it helped when ther was something else in the picture with her. i gave her her favourite toy, which made for a reeaaaaally cute pic (im a little biast though:lol: ) beleive it our not, she did that herselfm haha :)

my little poser:love:
mersades016.jpg

i reckon that one came out pretty good! like everyone else says, daylight without a flash is best, especially with a paler background like in the one you took. If your camera has a multi-shot setting try that, again in good light or daylight. the shutter speed is much faster and you can take 4 or more pics per shot so they shouldnt be blurry if she moves and you should get at least 1 of the 4 looking good!

daylight is the best light, especially frosty clear days like today..this is my ex foster twombly, now gretal...flashes make they shiny quite often.

IMG_3930.jpg

You might want to try using a battery torch with something to diffuse the light (a piece of cotton/muslin over the end of the torch would work) Shine the torch towards her and turn your camera flash off.

I've always had this problem with my black dogs and the best tip if you're taking photos inside is turn the flash off and make sure that whatever light source you're using is coming from behind you as oppose to behind the rabbit.

Back