• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can rabbits eat paper?

I think that should be rephrased to "Should rabbits eat paper?"

Flopsie can and does eat paper, often :( But I don't think she should!

Hmm... i dont know if they should... but Lola certainly does!! Shes gone totally backwards since her spey with her litter tray, so im having to use newspaper under her fleece... she digs the fleece up and shreds the paper :roll:

Hmm... i dont know if they should... but Lola certainly does!! Shes gone totally backwards since her spey with her litter tray, so im having to use newspaper under her fleece... she digs the fleece up and shreds the paper :roll:

Mine rip it up, but im not sure if they eat it?

Jack x

Mine rip it up, but im not sure if they eat it?

Jack x

Yeah... same here... though sometimes you'll see it getting shorter and shorter in Lola mouth while shes chomping :lol: :oops: I dont think there would be any way of stopping them? :? Think it sort of gives them something to do :? xXx

i ask cos Ogs has found some paper and now he keeps going back to it :roll: So i moved it but he has found more :roll: i was just starting to worry about it :(

mine eat there shredded newspaper i put in their bed even when theres tons of hay in there to eat:roll:

well odv if ur feeding your bun a paper diet its gunna be bad, but alot of newspapers use ink that isnt harmful to animals so im sure a nibble here and there wudnt hurt

Fiver eats cardboard and paper, he loves to shred it bu sometimes i catch him eating it lol. i do take it off him but tbh he sits and chews boxes and tubes as well as anything he finds so it's difficult to stop him from eating it. I'm glad this thread opened coz i was worried about this too :)

Back