• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay.........

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:
I just recieved my order from the hay experts today! I had got the sample hay pack and i tried the hay on my bunny, Fudge, to find out what type of hay she likes best, as she doesnt eat much hay and has dental problems!!

She has scoffed :)D) the ready dried grass and the oat, wheat and barley hay!
Is this ok to feed all the time or is meadow or timothy hay got to be the main hay? (if that makes any sense!!!!!)

I am going to buy bigger packs on the hay experts and is there anywhere the sells those types of hay cheaper??? i dont mind paying just she is scoffing it all so quickly!!!

Thanks all :D:wave:

yaaay my pair love the oat wheat and barley hay too... they turn thier snobby little noses up at the timothy now so i dont buy it anymore... long as shes eating hay dont matter what it is :D:D:D

Thanks alot, im just so happy she is eating some kind of hay :D!!WOOHOO!!:D
Can she have as much dried grass as she wants or does it have to be limited??

Thanks again:wave::D

i dont know about the grass... it cant really hurt as they are designed to eat it :)
have you tried the pure pastures meadow hay with her? i use that and give a handful of the oat hay each day... saves a fortune ;)

Thanks alot, im just so happy she is eating some kind of hay :D!!WOOHOO!!:D
Can she have as much dried grass as she wants or does it have to be limited??

Thanks again:wave::D

I think the dried grass has a higher protein content than normal hay so I'd just give it to her once a week or something. I only give mine it as a treat cos I'm a meanie though :lol:

I think the dried grass has a higher protein content than normal hay so I'd just give it to her once a week or something. I only give mine it as a treat cos I'm a meanie though :lol:

do they put something into it then? my vet always looks at me in disgust that my pair dont get normal grass so i expected the dry stuff to be a good compromise...

Nope not tried that meadow hay but will give anything a try!
i will just give dried grass as a treat once or twice a week also........:D it was so funny because i put a pile of each hay on the floor and she just looked at the timothy, meadow and brome hay and went straight to the oat hay, finished that then went straight to the dried grass and ate every little piece.....So happy just now!!! :D:D:D She hasnt ate hay so quickly in her little life :D:love:

will be ordering more tomorrow :D

do they put something into it then? my vet always looks at me in disgust that my pair dont get normal grass so i expected the dry stuff to be a good compromise...

I don't know. I just remember someone saying it had a higher protein content :? Just checked and the protein content for dried grass is about 15% compared with around 8% for the timothy hay..

Gregory was the same with hay. Mine now have orchard grass, timothy hay (expensive stuff) - but mostly eat the excel supaforage and Vitkraft herbage hay stuff (costs £1.49 on HE, looks compact but lasts a good while). They have a handful of readigrass each day.

The only thing that started Gregory eating hay was getting Gretel - he copied her!

Back