• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To insure or not to insure?

Do you think I should insure my buns?

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
How many of you have your bunnies insured or think it is worth while?

I know this sort of thread has been done before but our number of rabbits is increasing so I am starting to consider it. We have a savings account at the mo which we pay money into each month.

What do you think?

if you already have the cash id say dont bother.. i only have insurance cus i cant save... it costs £9 per month per bun and they will pay a maximum of £2000 but i have to pay the first £50 before they even get involved

and then theres the teeth issue i keep reading about where they dont cover dentals

it did come in very handy when alvins stasis bill came to £350 but i dont even know if they will pay out should it happen again :?

savings account and ten per cent of what you earn each month to go in,

thing with insurance some only release the money after others you have to pay the first so many pounds, and also you may just may end up paying all this money for say one bun that never has a prob

i hate insurance companies can ya tell :lol:

I have found my insurance invaluable. Since I started it in April I have had over £1000 of claims!

I am terrible at saving so would never have that amount saved up. If you are disciplined enough to save that would prob be just as good - although in my case, even if I had started saving I wouldn't have had enough for Gregory's treatment so soon. His dental problems are covered for life - the only thing they won't pay are regular dentals, e.g. tooth trimming. If any other complicatiosn arise from his teeth, even after they paid out for his incisor removal, they will still pay.

I have found my insurance invaluable. Since I started it in April I have had over £1000 of claims!

I am terrible at saving so would never have that amount saved up. If you are disciplined enough to save that would prob be just as good - although in my case, even if I had started saving I wouldn't have had enough for Gregory's treatment so soon. His dental problems are covered for life - the only thing they won't pay are regular dentals, e.g. tooth trimming. If any other complicatiosn arise from his teeth, even after they paid out for his incisor removal, they will still pay.

Who are you with if you don't mind me asking?

I never had problems with PetPlan. They always paid the vets bills when my rabbit was ill. I think you should insure.

Who are you with if you don't mind me asking?

With Petplan. I know not everyone has good experiences but mine have been nothing but good (save teh call centre in India!) - my vets deal with the claims - I just sign. PP have paid up (straight to vets) within 10 days every time and tehy let me know how much they have paid. Gregory has had all sorts and they have paid it all.

His premium is £9.65 a month and Gretel's is about £8.

With Petplan. I know not everyone has good experiences but mine have been nothing but good (save teh call centre in India!) - my vets deal with the claims - I just sign. PP have paid up (straight to vets) within 10 days every time and tehy let me know how much they have paid. Gregory has had all sorts and they have paid it all.

His premium is £9.65 a month and Gretel's is about £8.

Wow that is good! I will have a look on their website! I wonder if they will offer a multi-bunny discount!

Oh and I wasnlt sure about them paying for the incisor extraction, but they got in touch with the vets and asked for full medical history and were fine.

It is worth doing sooner rarther than later if you are considering it at all. If I had waited one more month then Gregory would not have been covered for any dental treatmemnt as his overgrown incisor probs started a month after I started cover! So lucky! The cover is for life, where some companies stop paying for stuff for certain probs after a year.

you can go on compare.com to find the best deal just really read the small print on what it exactly cover and how much outlay you need as some only cover for one illness a year others dont cover dental, have to look under small animals not many actually go under buns

Wow that is good! I will have a look on their website! I wonder if they will offer a multi-bunny discount!

They often do. I was surprised though, cos when I wanted to add Gretel to Gregory's plan, they wouldn't cos she was a different breed? Hers is cheaper but not sure why - maybe multibunny disc., or could be due to age?

How many bunnies do you have? If it's lots, it may be worth saving up the premiums? Although, you may struggle if more than one becomes ill at once?

Ooh - that would cost you about £70 - £100 a month maybe?!

It would be worth perhaps saving then? Only worry would be if mroe tahn one became ill....like Gregory's teeth probs cost £1000 to sort - if it's 10...?!

Obviously that won't happen, but a could could get ill then it would be a struggle. Perhaps if you saved say £50 a month, by the end of the year you'd have a good lump, and could perhaps save 3/4 of that and use the rest towards vacs?

TENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :lol: your getting the bug your not keeping your eabay bun are uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

No we are not keeping her but with Liquorice and Bassett, that will make 8 and Janice is going to have a go at bonding them with the 2 female freecycle buns! :p

:lol:wot you like so where are these freecycle buns

In our bathroom. You should have seen the house they were kept in!!! These poor buns had bird pooh in their enclosure, no hay and their claws were so long they were curling over! Have been to the vets today for a check up and to start their jabs.

In our bathroom. You should have seen the house they were kept in!!! These poor buns had bird pooh in their enclosure, no hay and their claws were so long they were curling over! Have been to the vets today for a check up and to start their jabs.

everyroom full then souunds like my house a few weeks ago :lol: i could always pop round to help with claws nudge wink wink :lol:

everyroom full then souunds like my house a few weeks ago :lol: i could always pop round to help with claws nudge wink wink :lol:

Mmmhmm! Haha! We are as bad as each other!!! Helen has already fallen in love with ebay bun!

How is your rescue girl doing...chosen a name yet?

Back