• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my buns

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Billie-Joe and Chester had their plums removed today and are recovering nicely in the kitchen :D. No apprent problems there.

Meanwhile.... I took Kiki for a check up on her nose and it's not good :(. The wound on her nose appeared to be getting better yet despite penicillin injections every other day for 6 months, it's got worse :(. She's having it X-rayed next Friday and we'll decide what further treatment, if any, is to be done. The Vet discussed the options including recommending her to Bristol for invasive surgery but as the outcome of this is not guaranteed, I'm reluctant to put her through that and hte very bunny savvy Vet says he wouldn't go for that option. She's such a happy bunny in herself and belts round the garden when she's not terrorizing her boyfriends.... if you didn't see the scab on her nose, you'd think she was a perfectly healthy, happy bunny.

I got tearful in the Vets (again :oops:) when it was mentioned that she may not be a long lived bunny... so that's Kiki and Spike that I've been warned about the lack of longevity about :(:cry::cry:. Words can't express how I feel.

So glad to hear about Billie-Joe and Chester :) boys seem to bounce back.

Im sending huge vibes to Kiki and hugs to you. I think if she is happy and bouncy then leave the invasive surgery. Im here if you ever need a chat xxxxx

Great news about the boys :D

Sorry to hear about the other bun though :( I hope something can be sorted out> best of luck and sending good vibes xx

So glad to hear about Billie-Joe and Chester :) boys seem to bounce back.

Im sending huge vibes to Kiki and hugs to you. I think if she is happy and bouncy then leave the invasive surgery. Im here if you ever need a chat xxxxx
Thanks very much Steph... hope you're all OK.

Oh Jill, I am so sorry to hear about Kiki...I know you will choose the best for her.

I am so happy that the little ones are doing well :)

I hope you are looking forward to spoiling them tomorrow with lots of new treats from the party ;)

Richars saunders is at Langford now and he is a fantastic bunny vet.It would not hurt for a second opinion.Im so sorry for you I know how heartbreaking It is when you have a poorly bun that you can not get to the bottom of the problem.God luck hun

Oh Jill :cry:
At least Kiki is happy within herself and is obviously not in pain. These Bunnies really can cause such heartache. But they are so worth it as even if their time with us is very limited every second we do have with them is such a privilege :)

And what have I missed....:? Who are Billie-Jo and Chester.......:?

:shock:

Oh Jill :cry:
At least Kiki is happy within herself and is obviously not in pain. These Bunnies really can cause such heartache. But they are so worth it as even if their time with us is very limited every second we do have with them is such a privilege :)

And what have I missed....:? Who are Billie-Jo and Chester.......:?

:shock:

They are the two black and white boys who stayed with me for a while, together with Erin, Beth and Davy. I named them Jack and Will, but Jill had other plans. :D

The two on the left: :D

Erinbabies.jpg

See, I look away for one second and I miss so much !!! :lol:

They are lovely Buns.......all of them :love:

And they have all left me already. :( Little girl is with Zoe, and Davy is with Janice at the moment, being married to an extremely soft mini rex girl. :) Their mother will leave for bonding on Sunday. I really enjoyed looking after this group. :) (despite the giant amount of huge poos.....) :lol:

See, I look away for one second and I miss so much !!! :lol:

They are lovely Buns.......all of them :love:
:lol: You have been otherwise occupied though Jane :lol:. Billie-Joe and Chester are gorgeous looking bunnies and to quote the Vet "have been greatly admired by all that see them" :love:

p.s. Yes Gisela, they do produce copious amounts of poo....I blame you... you've done a fantastic job on getting them well into the hay eating habit.

Richars saunders is at Langford now and he is a fantastic bunny vet.It would not hurt for a second opinion.Im so sorry for you I know how heartbreaking It is when you have a poorly bun that you can not get to the bottom of the problem.God luck hun
Thanks for this. I'll see what happens when we get the X-ray results... my Vet is going to send the results to Bristol and we'll take it from there.

Back