• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding?

breeze

Mama Doe
hi im in the process of getting my two buns used to each other so that i cn eventually bond them together.the buck was neutered four weeks ago and my doe isnt neutered yet so they dont come out together but i let them out seperatley as they are both indoor buns.yesterday i let my doe out and she went over to my buck,sniffed him then viciously bit his ear making him bleed. why did she do this?everytime i let her out she goes to bite him.does this mean she doesnt like him and they wont bond?

hi im in the process of getting my two buns used to each other so that i cn eventually bond them together.the buck was neutered four weeks ago and my doe isnt neutered yet so they dont come out together but i let them out seperatley as they are both indoor buns.yesterday i let my doe out and she went over to my buck,sniffed him then viciously bit his ear making him bleed. why did she do this?everytime i let her out she goes to bite him.does this mean she doesnt like him and they wont bond?

I'd leave it another couple of weeks at least before they are allowed anywhere near each other. Boy bun is still fertile for 6 weeks after neuter, so doe is at risk of pregnancy

Bonding needs to be done on neutral territory - if it "hers" she WILL attack him. Also she may be hormonal as unspayed. If you can get her spayed & wait a few weeks for her hormones to settle, then try them together on neutral territory you will probably have better luck.

Bonding is easier if they haven't previously fought too

right thanks.realy its his territory as she has been outside until last month.i will get her neutered first then try again.

Yes, if you can, (after the spey) put them in a room neither have been in, e.g. bathroom or kitchen - while they are in there go back to any rooms they have been in and will be returning to and give them a good clean with white vinegar - Wilkos do a really good spray for 99p! This will get rid of any bunny smells and make it easier when you put them back in.

Hope it all goes well! x

Back