• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye Drops

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Beth has asked me to post this thread. Shes struggling to do eye drops with one of her buns, shes on her own and was wondering does anyone have any tips or advice?

:D

with kermit i sit on the floor with my legs straight out infront of me and get him in between my legs (ooh er!!) and hold his head to the side and drop them in. Means i have two free hands for the drops

Hi ,

One of my boys had eye drops recently. I wrapped him up in a towel and held it fastened under his chin with one hand. I then used that to lever his head up and to hold the drops. I used my other hand to open his eye. It wasnt easy and now he wont let me touch is face but I'm hoping he forgives me soon.

Hope that helps and makes sense!!!!

What type of drops are they - tiacil or fucithalmic? Fucithalmic is much thicker and I find it harder to get in, especially as it's easier for the bun to blink straight out again afterwards.

If she knows anyone in the RWA there's an article in the Winter edition on how to give eye drops, that might help. I tend to pull the top lid up until it starts to curl out a little and put the drop under the lid. Or you can do the same and pull the bottom lid down and out a bit. Some buns are more cooperative than others though and it can be tricky if you have a bun that insists on trying to blink while you do it!

with kermit i sit on the floor with my legs straight out infront of me and get him in between my legs (ooh er!!) and hold his head to the side and drop them in. Means i have two free hands for the drops

This it the most easiest method with giants! :D

I so medicines like this too x

I tend to put the bun somewhere high up (such as on a table)...they tend to sit still rather than struggle to get away like they do on the ground

I sit Rupert on the carpet and kneel in front of him but luckily he is very good with eye drops.

Thanks to everyone.
Beth i hope you found the thread :wave:

I put mine on a hutch or table and kind of cuddle them...if that makes sense!

Found thread! Thank you all very much. I put him between my legs in the end - after being bitten twice! - and that worked brilliantly! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help x x

Last edited:
Back