• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've cancelled Milly's spey.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Milly was booked in on Friday to be speyed, she's number 5 out of 7 on the list- just her, Molly and Treacle to go.
However, Mike's dad had a heart attack on Tuesday and it was a bit touch and go. He is in hospital and will hopefully get an op to see what is going on, on Monday or Tuesday, he is 83.
We decided to cancel her op as we don't want to be worrying about her if we have to rush off into the hospital, and maybe miss some problem with her, because our minds are distracted.
Hopefully his dad will be fine, he was quite bright today, but unless the doctors find out what is going on he is at risk of another attack at anytime.:(
Will let you know how things go.

Sorry to hear that :(

You did the right thing, when family crisis's come up you can be called out at last minute and be distracted.

Hope all goes well xx

Thanks everybody for your thoughts.
Just a wee update, we were called out at 3am this morning to get to the hospital asap, as Mike's father had taken a turn for the worse. It was touch and go for most of the morning, but he seems to have rallied and is looking much brighter. Unfortunately, it looks like his heart has been badly damaged and there is only one option left. They are going to try him on some tablets, and if these don't work, then they can do no more.
Mike is still at the hospital and I came home at about 7 this evening, needless to say we are quite tired, but thanks to a very kind, animal savy friend, I don't have to worry about the animals, she has fed, watered and put everybody to bed, and stayed with them from 8 this morning until I got home this evening. Many other friends have said I can call them at any time if I need to get back in to the hospital. Mike has the car and my brother-in-law drove me home this evening.
One thing about situations like this, you certainly find out who your friends are, and I think we are very lucky people!

Back