• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

giants and anesthetic

coco1200

Warren Veteran
Just wondering, is there any risks on larger rabbits under genereal anesthetic... say rabbits weighing 7 kilos plus? Im sure i remember someone saying there is a increased risk for fully grown giant bunbuns under anesthetic... :s

Mine have always been fine,I guess its how fit and healthy they are.Barlie was having a GA on average twice a month for 6months and she was fine

aaaah reet! cheers, Hermione's 10 months old (conti) and she'll be getting spayed soon.

Just wanted to clarify it, don't want any complications! :) What age did you spay your conti? (if shes female :oops:)

willow was only about 4 and ahalf kg when she was spayed and she had to have such an extra amount of ga it took her longer to come aorund and they had to keep her in and next dayw hen i got her she was still wobbly form ga.

they can be a bit more tricky but nowadays its getitng better n better..so just think she may need a bit more recovery time too.

aaaah reet! cheers, Hermione's 10 months old (conti) and she'll be getting spayed soon.

Just wanted to clarify it, don't want any complications! :) What age did you spay your conti? (if shes female :oops:)

I usually spey mine as soon as they are old enough as they recover so much quicker.Barlie wasnt speyed until she was a year and a half old,she took a bit longer to recover and kept pulling her stitches out

Back