• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

questions about bathing buns..

William

Wise Old Thumper
When Izzy pees he gets pee all over his feet and butt so they're stained golden (he's white).Is there anyway to unstain them? It doesn't help matters that he doesn't like his feet or butt touched and because of getting pee on him his fur back there matts. Plus he's stained from newspaper ink but I imagine that willl come off.

Also how often can you bathe a rabbit? He gets getting really smelly from getting pee all over himself but I don't want to dry out his skin..

Is it actually wet? A healthy rabbit shouldn't be urinating on himself and it sounds like he needs to see a vet as he may be incontinent...this is usually caused by a urinary tract infection such as Cystitis and requires antibiotics to clear it up, but there are a few other causes such as E Cuniculi.

No,he's just not litterpan trained so he pees on newspapers on the floor in a particular spot and the pee runs down the newspaper onto his feet.

Not yet. I know thats probably why he isn't litterpan trained.. he might go in shavings though (he used to a couple yrs ago) so I'll try that and see if it helps with his pee problem.

Maybe you should use something more absorbent to soak up the wee. I had to do that with Rosie because shes still not litter trained & would get wet when weeing on the floor of her cage plus Im sure she would sit in it Ive had to move her & her husbun out of their big cage as the floor is covered in vynal into a smaller one until shes fully trained. Shes nice & dry now & no longer smelly

Back