• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mircochipping

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Shall Harry get mircochipped when he gets neutered? He goes outside a lot (through the cat flap :roll: ) even though the garden is safe I do worry about him going 'missing' if you get what I mean. :?

Think hubby has been had with this house rabbit thing though, Harry spends more time outside with Nesbit (Nesbit in his run) than indoors. :lol:

I'd always recommend microchipping, it's a big peace of mind. Even though I'm pretty sure none of my bunnies will go astray, I know if anything happened, and someone found them, they would come back to me, instead of being re-homed. My missy was found as a stray and as she is a complete houdini I'm not surprised :lol: but I think of the old owner and wonder if they loved her as much as me, as I'd be heartbroken if she was gone, but I can't run round the whole of Birmingham looking in vets at missing bunny signs, at least I know if she ever got loose again, she wouldn't find a new home, but would end up with me :D

Last edited:
Would definately recommend it, my 4 are all done, they have the temperature one so when scanned, it says their temps!! My buns are too posh to have sticks up their bottoms! :lol::lol:

We had a discount on the microchip because we decided to do it at the same time she was getting spayed. So if you decide to microchip him maybe now would be the best moment.
I didnt know anything about the temperature microchip; if everything goes well with the bonding I should microchip George next week. Any other information about this kind of microchips????

We had a discount on the microchip because we decided to do it at the same time she was getting spayed. So if you decide to microchip him maybe now would be the best moment.
I didnt know anything about the temperature microchip; if everything goes well with the bonding I should microchip George next week. Any other information about this kind of microchips????

I think it's these ones: http://lightlivestockequipment.com/microchipPage.asp

Back