• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch huggers

Deanna

Warren Scout
Hi just wondered if anyone uses these on their hutches, I have two thistle hall hutches both with attached fennel fold runs, but one of hutches if it is a windy wet day will get a bit wet on the top deck so have to keep a towel (not keen on using plastic for respiratory reasons over the front but was wondering about these covers from P&H and just wondered what people think of them, I know a shed would be better but I have 2 pairs of bunnies and 2 out of each pair wont get on so cant put them all together so have to keep in seperate hutches. many thanks

I was going to get one of those for my hutch but changed my mind when I saw the price!

Instead I brought a big roll of Thermowrap and covered the hutch in it. Then put a layer of clear plastic sheeting over it all to keep the water off. It fits much better than a hutch hugger does, you can even cover the bottom of the hutch to stop the cold getting in. I then pull the plastic sheeting over the front of the hutch at night.

Even though mine for Lavender Lodge was pricy it is really good.

Fits snugly and closes well around the bottom and I put an old duvet around the hutch to keep the warm in as well.

Easy to open up and keeps the wind and rain out. :)

I was going to get one of those for my hutch but changed my mind when I saw the price!

Instead I brought a big roll of Thermowrap and covered the hutch in it. Then put a layer of clear plastic sheeting over it all to keep the water off. It fits much better than a hutch hugger does, you can even cover the bottom of the hutch to stop the cold getting in. I then pull the plastic sheeting over the front of the hutch at night.

Where sis you get your thermo wrap from? Is it expensive?

I have bought a hutch hugger from P@H, your right about the expense, but the trouble with Bertie and Ernies hutch it does get the wind and rain especially if is windy which is where anything i put over the hutch just blows around even though is has nearly a whole house worth of bricks on top :lol: Really pleased with it so far, except now i feel sorry for the other two and will have to buy them one too :shock::lol::lol: Good idea about the Duvet!!!

We got in from Homebase I think. It was £15 but not sure if it was on offer or anything at the time.

I have a piece of perspex attached over the front of my hutch, I basically unscrewed the hinges and bolts and put the perspex between the wood and the hinge/bolt and then did it back up again. There's enough of an air gap to allow circulation but it stops the draft and rain getting in, and my bunnies still get to enjoy a lovely view :) They particularly enjoy it on a sunny winter's day where it creates a bit of a greenhouse effect on their top floor :lol:

I have a hutch hugger and hutch snuggle and they are good. I got mine second hand though so were cheap for me. If I didn't have them, I'd use a clear shower curtain (with a few holes punched in for ventilation) and some old blankets around the top and back, as that's all it is really.

Back