• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny wants to be a house rabbit...how do I train her?

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
If you have read my other thread you will know what Im talking about. How do I train her to used a litter box, not to chew paper etc?

She is only 9 weeks old so hopefull this should be doable.

All of my other rabbits are outdoors, will they want to move in aswell :lol:

If you have read my other thread you will know what Im talking about. How do I train her to used a litter box, not to chew paper etc?

She is only 9 weeks old so hopefull this should be doable.

All of my other rabbits are outdoors, will they want to move in aswell :lol:

quite possibly some buns prefer it indoors others seem to prefer outdoors more... i would start by giving her an area of hers where she can makea mess and chew toys etc... get her using a litter tray in there( once she speyed that wil make it easier) try and ensure she has plenty of toys so she doesnt ruin other things you have lying around bunny proof wires by encasing in hosepipe or blocking off completly.. never leave phonechargers lying around and dont be worried about wallpaper buns love to help strip it off :S

I've learnt the hard way about phone chargers laying around, I have gone through 2 already :( Oh well, great excuse to get a new phone I suppose, I've had nearly 2 years.. lol

I've read somewhere that rabbits that are around a year old are easier to house train then something that is younger. My first house rabbit, Hazel, was easier to house train, but sadly he died :( Wispa is harder to train, don't know why. Think some rabbits are easier then others.

I know about the wall paper, all of them seem to do it, thats all 11 by the way.

I just dont understand why she wants to be in the house when the rest are outside, how did she make this chioce?

My kids are loving her being inside and she does not seem to mind them either, my daughter has just shared a prawn cracker with her lol :love:

Getting her spayed as soon as she's old enough should help, often they can be messier and more destructive when their hormones start kicking it.
Other than that, it's more a case of training yourself than her :lol: Littertrays in several corners to start, make sure anything you don't want chewed is out of her reach, hide or protect any wires etc.

Back