• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aggression

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi ther as some of you know i collected a rabbit off a free ad with intention of getting him fixed and rehomed. iv done his vax adn am doing his pannacur this week but am waiting till after xmas to get him neutered(as money is never good around this time)
ok so he is 6years old male unnuetered and was initially very timid.
he is now getting nortyier by the day generally but is very affectionate to me. i have given him a stuffed toy to be his freind for now which he does hump and lick. now today when he had finished humping said toy he ran to me licked me and jumped on my lap her sat there for ages while i stroked him.... then sudenly hopped off did an about turn ran back at me and bit my arm hard...no blood but a nasty bruise.
i know neutering will hopefully calm him down and sooner the better but is ther anythign in the mean time i can give him to stop his random attacks this is the first nasty one tho he did bite me again on arm(tho not as hard) last week for some toast i was eating(his favourite but he isnt allowed it often)

thankyou for any replys. im not giving up on him as mostly he is a loverly friendly chap and is just getting his feet after not haveing much of a life before i just want a bit of advice in the mean time pre neuter as i know thats the real solution!!!, he will be put up for rehoming in new year after op is all sorted. cheers kate x

hey bunlover, sometimes ted would go to lunge at me after stroking, i personally think it's because she doesn't know how to react back to me (a lick would be nice). i wait for to pop up after being petted and watch her ears and if she goes to lunge place my hand over ears and hold her down for a bit not hard ofcourse. this may or may not help you bun but think he needs to understand whos boss, ted is getting better and usually just takes herself off, lol she uses you and abuse you lol. might help, hopefully someone can give you a better tip.

hey bunlover, sometimes ted would go to lunge at me after stroking, i personally think it's because she doesn't know how to react back to me (a lick would be nice). i wait for to pop up after being petted and watch her ears and if she goes to lunge place my hand over ears and hold her down for a bit not hard ofcourse. this may or may not help you bun but think he needs to understand whos boss, ted is getting better and usually just takes herself off, lol she uses you and abuse you lol. might help, hopefully someone can give you a better tip.

lol thanks i will try the placing my hand on him and holding him down i think its excitement just not always shown in a brillinat way (coupled up with hormones of course) he is aloverly charactor albeit a bit norty but dont want him to bite me until he is neutered if i can help it! x

yeah i think some bunnies have it in them, sometimes ted will give me a playful nipon my jumper after petting,think with time he should come around plus when he's done. aw hope it all works out with him, it's so rewarding though when the decide they want your company. aw i miss my teddy, wish i could see her right now.

yeh i dont mind taking in 1 bunny or a pair when they have been mistreated working with them vaccinating and neutering and rehoming iv done it a few times before,i cant afford to do my own shelter so i can only ever utalise the one space i have without cramping up any bun and allowing a sufficient quarrrintine time.or upsetting my own buns!!! i hope to find him a loverly home with a wife bun begginging of next year but i want to wait till iv neuterd him and pannacured etc. :) thanks for the ideas will try it with him later if he lunges again. x

aw i'm sure you do a wonderful job, would love to do something like that but i work full time. well hope it all goes well, will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Bossy, confident bunnies will sometimes bite if you don't do exactly what they want you to do. I guess they see themselves as above you in the pecking order :lol:

Silly question but your not wearing anything that smells of your other 2 are you?

Arnie always humps Kira if I dont wash my hands after playing with stitch :roll: Although I think he's too cold for that now as he just wants to cuddle her :love:

:roll:
Silly question but your not wearing anything that smells of your other 2 are you?

Arnie always humps Kira if I dont wash my hands after playing with stitch :roll: Although I think he's too cold for that now as he just wants to cuddle her :love:

no i havent been tho him and arhtur dont mind each other its dora that is stroppy with coco lol(wth stitch was other way around :roll::roll:bunneyhs eh?! lol i where he bit me looks like iv had a tattoo saying co.... in the brusie lol sorry i shouldnt really laugh should i? maybe he wants to write his name on me?!!!:shock: hopefully after netuer it will calm him anyhow. aww glad kira arnie and stitch are all well they have such agreat home:)

Back