• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

News update, medical advice?

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Took Snowy to the vets this morning at half 9, as last night he'd decided to nibble at his stitches :( Thing is, it had been over a week since he was neutered, and he had his post-op check on Sunday and the vet was really pleased with how he was healing, so I was sad that he'd spoilt his lovely healing :(
Anyhow, the vet had a look at him and said that as a scab had formed, he thinks it should just heal anyway (even though it is open about 3-4mm), but for me to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't heal, or gets worse, then he's got to go back and be knocked out and re-stitched.
I've prebooked an appointment on Monday for a follow up check up. To be honest, I'm not too happy waiting and seeing with an open wound, although it has scabbed over, but I think I'm going to take him to another vets tomorrow for another opinion.

Do you think that I'm over-reacting? Should I not be as worried as it has scabbed over? Just to me, I'd rather the wound was closed up asap so no infection gets in there :?

Last edited:
The vet has probably weighed up the pros and cons of leaving the wound as it is because to re-stitch would mean another GA, which is an added risk for your bunny. As long as you keep a close eye on it and take him back to the vets if there are any changes, then I think that's probably best for him. It's natural to worry, but just be vigilant. :)

The vet has probably weighed up the pros and cons of leaving the wound as it is because to re-stitch would mean another GA, which is an added risk for your bunny. As long as you keep a close eye on it and take him back to the vets if there are any changes, then I think that's probably best for him. It's natural to worry, but just be vigilant. :)

Hmmm true. I'm just so scared of infection. He's such a tiny little bun, an infection could really take a grip of him :(

Back