• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Intelligent Buns

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
My Alfie & Polly now have their own room section as it's gonna be spring before I try them back in the group. Polly is getting a bit chubby, but Alfie is still being fed twice a day until I'm 100% happy he won't lose weight again.

I've changed Polly onto excel light, & feed them separately - I've always removed Alfie before, but last few feeds I've put him on top of the single tier hutch in their room section (so he can jump down when he's done). It took only 3 pellet-times for him to learn where he would be fed. Now he jumps up on there whenever I walk in.

Compare this to Alistair my NZ white who is less than bright. He runs around my feet when I walk in & I've tripped over him loads, & stood on his feet before now. When I put the feed in his bowl he doesn't realise & continues to jump up at me, while his tiny girlfriend Suki helps herself. He sits in his water, gets his head stuck in tubes & tips his litter tray upside down so he pees on the floor.

Kendra & Joey both know that I can't resist a bun that climbs up my leg. They do this & get extra treats. Sirnoff on the other hand hangs back until I leave the room & misses all the best stuff.

If it's raining outside, all the sensible ones sit under the garden table or under the roof overhang waiting to be let back in. Alistair sits in the rain looking wet & miserable. Flint succeeds in getting so wet I have to rub him dry & he gets upset cos I interrupted the tunnel he's trying to complete (which I have to keep filling) Then he runs mucky paws all over my clean floors.

ahhh ... i have some buns like that ...

Hope is certainly a sandwich short of a picnic....
She is realy clumsy ..... doesnt sus out where the treats or pellets are ... trips me up...runs into my legs ....

sits looking out of her playhouse door ...when she could be bonbing around the garden ..

Blue is the opposite ... He susses when i have food ... is out of the door like a shot once its opened...comes when called ... jumps down from eating my plants when i tell him to then sits and watches me through the window and jumps straight back up when i move away :roll:

And Nemo ... knows that i cant resist feeding him bits of veggies when he climbs up my legs as im chopping veg :roll:

Back