• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slight problem with Milly

capel

Warren Veteran
Don't panic folks..it's not health related:lol::lol::
As you know Milly's been happily ensconced in an 8x4 pen in our spare bedroom during the night and when there's no-one home, but has free range while we're around. However we now need to reclaim the spare bedroom, so I've moved her litter tray/feeding station( enormous dog bed) into the kitchen which is really the only place I can think of putting it where she can wander about at will. However, since moving her in there she doesn't seem to want to move out of it:roll:. I've put rugs down for her to move around on as I wondered it if was the smooth floor causing her problems, but that's made no diference. The problem is that where previously she tended to sleep on one of her mats in the pen and use the litter tray as a litter tray and for eating her hay she is sitting all day in the tray and when I came down this morning she really smelt(is that a word??). I picked her up and realised that her hocks and bum area were pretty wet with having sat on a wet puppy pad all night.I'll start using megazorb again for her, but is there any thing I can do to encourage her to sleep on her fleeces and not in the litter tray? Is it a security thing with her at the moment? Do you think she'll eventually relax enough to revert to her previous behaviour?

she will probebly relax in time.. when i picked up coco bun from his previous home he was skitish and nervous... he wouldnt leave his "room" but he now runs across the laminate adn is a right cheeky chap i think its jsut the move has bothered her. mayb with time she will settle?

Back