• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flops ...what now

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
:(

shes been a bit wet around her back end on and off for the last week...then tonight shes wet through and smells of urine ...

:(

was going to try her with nemo at the weekend too :(

have put her on baytril and panacur :?

Poor Flops -hope she's ok. Could you try that tablet Kayj mentioned before that cleared up incontinence in one of her buns?

Abbymarysmokey mentioned something for using on incontinent rabbits on one of HugosTheres threads the other day, can't remember it's name though :oops:.

Still, if it's a UTI the Baytril should start to help quite quickly.

It's called propalin. Chances are that it's a UTI and baytril will clear it up, but its definitely worth a try if antibiotics and panacur don't work

One of my french lops Bonnie had this and we gave her Diethlstilbestrol and within 24hrs she was dry and Bonnie was soaking wet for a good couple of weeks and we tried everything. It is half a tablet and then the other half 7days after but I haven't had to give Bonnie the other half:D

One of my french lops Bonnie had this and we gave her Diethlstilbestrol and within 24hrs she was dry and Bonnie was soaking wet for a good couple of weeks and we tried everything. It is half a tablet and then the other half 7days after but I haven't had to give Bonnie the other half:D

is it prescription only ?

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. What I meant was that it only works if the cause is hormone related. Hormone related incontinence is usually seen in spayed females (in dogs at least).

We tried synthetic hormone treatment for my Crunchie (in fact the same drug under a different brand name), but it didn't work because her problem wasn't hormone related.

It's certainly worth a try if antibiotics and panacur don't work though :)

i was gonna start bonding sunday morning ...but now we have to take a certain bunny to meet his new mummy ...;)

sooooo ... will have to put it off till afternoon ... unless i chicken out :oops:

weeeell ...hes very fluffy and has very funny ears .... and he looks a lot like bunnybeckies Wuzzle ;)

Oh Oh Oh i was hoping for cuddles from his ears!!!!!
Im coming with Beth incase you didnt realise!! :wave: :lol:

Can i return Amstel please :shock: :lol: Only joking i love his naughty self! :roll:

Whos the lucky new mummy?

Oh Oh Oh i was hoping for cuddles from his ears!!!!!
Im coming with Beth incase you didnt realise!! :wave: :lol:

Can i return Amstel please :shock: :lol: Only joking i love his naughty self! :roll:

Whos the lucky new mummy?

sorry ... if you read the small print there is a no return clause on Amstels adoption form ... ;) :lol:...just kidding ... i did warn you :lol:

and as for whos the lucky mummy ... ill leave her to tell you that ...

shes lucky to be getting Wookie ... but sadly he is to pair with a recently widowed doe .. :(..so a very sad occasion with a touch of happiness in there too ..

and yes i realised you were coming with Beth ... more the merrier ... :lol:... but you must promise not to be tempted :no:

Back