• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

continental/british giant

jenny s

Mama Doe
as you maybe aware i lost my flemish giant april yesturday im not replacing her as i couldnt but i cant live without a rabbit i feel so empty.

my question is what is the difference between a conti and british giant as there are two british in a rescue neer me but hubby wants a continental. any help would be fab

thanks

thanks for the links may sound stupid but there isnt much difference is there?? dont really understand all the jargon at the mo my brain isnt working properly:lol:

Continentals are bigger than british, they also have larger ears.
Also a continental tends to sit up whereas a british is more likely to sit flat.
There are however a lot of mixed breed giants around - even some of those advertised as being pure bred aren't!

Jessy

thanks for the reply, we are torn between the two but also want babys if possible so the hunt goes on.

thanks

Back