• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protecting buns from snow!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok we have had a weather warning issed with an 80% confidence of heavy snow and blizzards. Most of the buns are inside the shed so will be well protected. 4 of the hutches are outside, i have placstic covers for two of them but the other two have nothing as they don't face into the prevailing wind. No i have a good number of carboard boxes and i have a plastic garden table cover and alot of dog blankets. Do you think the boxes etc will give the outside hutches enough cover? I will also have to go routing around for stones to hold everything down.

Last edited:
Yeh think i'd throw a blanket over the hutches without any covers... or have you got an old (or new) shower curtain? I keep our old garden covers and curtains for extra covers now.

Ooh snow! Lovely - but I do feel guilty being all snuggly warm indoors when the buns are outside.

yes chuck a cover over them and i have(thansk to mum) some polestyrine boards(stuff that packages large stuff) which im using to cover the hutches as a bit of extra insulation other than that deep layers of hay and blankets! x

Thanks guys i will have to get the extension from the workshop so i can hook up the flood light and see what im doing! can't be skating around on ice with a torch now can i!

speaking of head torches, netto have them in for 1.99, shame I bought one earlier on in the week for a tenner :(

Ive brought my two into the outhouse, I don't mind then out in the snow, but with what is predicted I thought they would be better off inside.

Another big-up for head torches from me...they're great!

I did the cleaning out at 8pm tonight and we don't have any outdoor lighting, but you don't need any with a head torch :D :D :D

Back